Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 07:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halak dealt to the blues?  (Read 444 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« on: Jun 17, 2010 at 14:31 »

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Canadiens+trade+Halak+Blues/3166961/story.html

The Montreal Canadiens have traded goaltender Jaroslav Halak to the St. Louis Blues, TSN is reporting.

Halak, 25, duelled with Carey Price last season for the starting goaltending job and led the Canadiens into the playoffs before being eliminated by the Flyers in the Eastern Conference final.

The native of Slovakia was drafted 271st overall by Montreal in 2003. He will become a restricted free agent in July and is eligible for salary arbitration.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Canadiens+trade+Halak+Blues/3166961/story.html#ixzz0r8mKlLaB

Grain of salt, originally reported by tsn, but holy-moly nonetheless.

Very curious to see the return.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2010 at 18:01 »

Montreal gets Lars Eller and Ian Schultz. Eller looks like a pretty good prospect but I think the blues are the winner.

I understand the theory behind the trade given that montreal has 2 good young goalies and halak is about to get paid, but if i'm giving up a potential #1 guy i'm going to want more than that in return. i'd definitely expect more than that if we shopped maf. personally, i'd have just kept halak.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 11:05 »

Montreal gets Lars Eller and Ian Schultz. Eller looks like a pretty good prospect but I think the blues are the winner.

I understand the theory behind the trade given that montreal has 2 good young goalies and halak is about to get paid, but if i'm giving up a potential #1 guy i'm going to want more than that in return. i'd definitely expect more than that if we shopped maf. personally, i'd have just kept halak.

It must suck to be a Habs fan.  They haven't made a good personnel decision in about 15 years.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: