Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 21:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golf Outing  (Read 1255 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Jun 21, 2010 at 10:23 »

OK - A few golfers on here, and I gotta post.

Coupla years ago, I started taking both of my girls to the driving range.  When I started taking them, turned out to be about the time I started shutting down the golf and riding my mountain bike, so I don't get them out to hit balls as much as I should.

My oldest, 13, decided she doesn't like it at all, and my youngest, who turned 12 on Friday, really likes it.  We have been to the driving range a couple times this year, so I decided to take her to play golf on Friday for her birthday.  It was her 1st time ever on a course.

She did amazingly well.  It is a par 3 course.  1st hole she was nervous, missed with 1st swing.  2nd attempt, her drive only went about 30 yards.  This was the worst shot of her round.  2nd shot on the edge of the green.  A few putts - not bad.  2nd hole - 115 yards.  Launched her driver.  Her ball landed at the front of the green and rolled to the back edge.  She hit it about 125 yards and I couldn't believe it.

She was hitting good tee shots, some too high becasue it was teed up to high, but crazy good.  Anyway, 6th hole she was in a green side bunker.  I got in the bunker, maybe about 3 vertical up to the green.  I showed her how the club should hit behind the ball, full swing, follow through, blah, blah, blah, etc etc.  I let her take a practice swing, which isn't allowed in the bunkers, and she hit a perfect sand shot.  Missed the hole by about an inch and stopped about 8 feet past the hole.  UNBELIEVABLE

8th hole, 85 yards and to short for her woods so her caddie, me, selected her mid iron.  Hit it really well.  Landed on the front of the green rolled up, about 10 feet left of the hole.  Absolutely crazy.

If she has a few more rounds even close to that good, we'll move up to the executive course, which is a little longer.

I was happy for her, and a pretty proud dad.

So, contact BV for lessons.  Discount for all MGS'ers - $37 per hour.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2010 at 10:28 »

There's still plenty of time for golf camp and such.  And you could quit your job to coach her full-time, think of it as an investment!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2010 at 10:56 »

There's still plenty of time for golf camp and such.  And you could quit your job to coach her full-time, think of it as an investment!
Then she can join the men's tour. Smiley

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2010 at 11:18 »

I'd be lying if I said the idea of a college scholarship didn't enter my head while we were playing!!!!

Certainly a long way from that, but I have read/heard about how many female golf scholarships go unfilled.  If she can go to some private school, even in a less than desirable place, like no-where Nebraska, it would be nice to get 15K or 20K in free education.

I like the idea of quitting work better and "managing" her career!!!!!!!

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2010 at 13:23 »

DJF says, "Sure she looks good now, but her numbers will surely drop off in the next few years."

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2010 at 14:26 »

I'm slow Otis - DJF?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2010 at 14:55 »

I'm slow Otis - DJF?

Dr. Johnny Fever; the poster who has said each year would spell the demise of Hines Ward, starting circa 2003 or so...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 03:13 »

What the fuck ever happened to DJF?  When the Buccos spot hit the skids I'm guessing he bailed.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 10:22 »

What the fuck ever happened to DJF?  When the Buccos spot hit the skids I'm guessing he bailed.

Last I heard he'd developed a weird Miley Ray Cyrus infatuation, follows her around the country like a Phishhead following the piscetarian dream jam or a Deadhead on the trail of Jerry fumes.  Has a website that occasionally has to amend its content depending on whatever Miley Ray's lawyers can leverage.  Some restraining order, necessitating a series of weird disguises on the concert trail.  Unlike Deadheads, makes some scratch selling Silly Bandz and temporary unicorn tattoos to the other concert-goers.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 12:05 »

Two daughters, 13 and 12?

*shudder*

*eye twitch*

Double trouble with no break.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: