Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 04:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Step it up, Goodell!  (Read 464 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jul 02, 2010 at 12:20 »

When the second set of allegations within a year arose against Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, Commissioner Roger Goodell made a stand against players that do not behave themselves.

He stated that the NFL will not tolerate players not behaving themselves. It did not matter if you were arrested, detained, booked, charged, tried, convicted or any other thing a court room could do. Players WOULD NOT have the same benefits they have within the legal system of the United States of America.

You ARE NOT innocent until proven guilty. You are guilty, IF you give the "Shield" a black mark against it.

So, Ben Roethlisberger, without being charged, was slapped with a six game suspension to start the 2010 season, that can be reduced if he does everything that the NFL has instructed him to do, AND stays out of trouble.

Ben Roethlisberger took it on the chin, accepted his punishment, and the Steelers moved on.

There were many Steelers fans, me included, that sat back, and stated, we will see what Goodell does IF anyone else gets in trouble.

Vince Young; June 13th, Young is involved in a fight, in a strip club, over another man disrespecting him by showing an upside down Longhorn hand gesture.

This enraged Young, and he attacked the man. Young said he pushed the man, and was charged with simple assault, a misdemeanor.

Young stated on ESPN.com, "I pray to God that Roger Goodell doesn't come down hard on me, because I definitely want to be here for my teammates."

The league responded by stating, "The league will look into it. The commissioner is very strict about these types of things and I am sure we'll hear from him after we get more information."

Because this is the first offense for Young, there will probably not be a suspension. Many people believed that Goodell dodged a bullet.

Then things got worse.

Mike Vick, who was suspended for more than a year because of his involvement in a dog fighting operation, and was jailed because of it, was ordered to stay away from any of the people that he associated with that resulted in him being arrested.

On Sunday night, while celebrating his 30th birthday, one of those men that was not supposed to be associating with Vick, was shot outside of the club where the party was being held.

(P4P, this happened here in VB at Guadalajara's, about 5 miles from the Oceanfront. Check it out when yu're in town, sounds like an EXCITING place!)

Vick is NOT suspected of being involved with the shooting, however, he was having a party, someone he was not supposed to be associated with was at this party (invited or not), and that person was SHOT at the party.

If the league were to suspend Mike Vick, they would be able to do it without much of a fight, but Roger Goodell is not necessarily going to HAVE TO suspend him.

Then things got EVEN WORSE.

On Tuesday, Cincinnati Bengals running back, Cedric Benson turned himself into the Austin Police, for allegedly punching a man in the face, in a club, in Texas.

Benson was released on bond, and his agent explained the situation .

Benson said that he was in an argument with a man because a few young ladies asked to have their picture taken with him.

As Benson was leaving the club, he was approached by another man at the club (who works for the club), and Benson believed that this man was a friend of the other man.

SO, Benson punched him.

I am not sure exactly what Mr. Goodell is going to do about this, but things seem to keep getting worse as the off season moves on.

Vince Young: will probably escape suspension.

Mike Vick: may escape suspension.

Cedric Benson: this is his third offense in less than three year with the law.  IF he is not suspended, then the NFL is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 12:30 »

Were they wearing an evil devil shirt during the act? There ya go.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 12:46 »

Robaire Smith, busted with carrying a loaded gun in an airport.  He was with Shaun Rogers when Shuanie got busted for the same damned thing.  Suspensions?  No.

I've lost track of DV accusations.  Not a fucking thing.

Goodell is a gangrenous ass-flake.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: