Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 03:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid TA  (Read 1148 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jul 12, 2010 at 11:25 »

So one of my graduate student assistants decided ON HIS OWN that my exams were too difficult, and that he should make up for it by offering a bunch of extra credit.  As I'm entering the grades, I keep finding students who failed both midterm and final coming out with C averages.  Ridiculous.  He's got 7 students with A+ grades... in 9 years of teaching this class I've given 4 A+'s total.

I work hard to build a reputation as a bastard, and this guy gives it all away.  Numbnuts.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 11:56 »

He's got 7 students with A+ grades... in 9 years of teaching this class I've given 4 A+'s total.

So there are more Asian chicks enrolled these days???
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 13:21 »

If someone fails the midterm and the final, man, don't you think they feel bad enough already?

Why you wanna harsh their buzz and like label them as some kind of absolute and total failure?

Sounds like you're less interested in teaching all that, you know, Plato stuff, and more interested in stomping on people's dreams.

In fact, the NFL should institue some sort of extra credit.  Like, the Colts are losing the Super Bowl, but instead of making them feel totally bad about it, Roger Goodell comes onto the field and announces that the Colts can tie the game if Peyton Manning can throw the football through a tire 10 consecutive times from 20 yards away.  Then once he does that, everyone goes home a winner, and we don't have to give in to this mean-spirited urge to always have one team lose.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 17:10 »

If someone fails the midterm and the final, man, don't you think they feel bad enough already?

Why you wanna harsh their buzz and like label them as some kind of absolute and total failure?

Sounds like you're less interested in teaching all that, you know, Plato stuff, and more interested in stomping on people's dreams.

In fact, the NFL should institue some sort of extra credit.  Like, the Colts are losing the Super Bowl, but instead of making them feel totally bad about it, Roger Goodell comes onto the field and announces that the Colts can tie the game if Peyton Manning can throw the football through a tire 10 consecutive times from 20 yards away.  Then once he does that, everyone goes home a winner, and we don't have to give in to this mean-spirited urge to always have one team lose.

What are you, the ambassador from the United States of Obama?  That touchy feely crap might work in the tony suburbs of central PA, but here in the REAL WORLD it's either you get the gopher or kiss your tomatoes goodbye, tomatoes which I hope you remember are grown in AMERICA not Hawaii.  George Bush had a REAL education plan which you can see clearly worked by the number of kids LEFT BEHIND since Obama STOLE the last election.  "Stomping on people's dreams"!  Hello!  I never heard anything so insensitive-- tell that to the shrimpers in the Gulf who have to watch their lives DESTROYED while the "president" (he's not my president!) thinks its more important to negotiate with terrorists in Palestine and Iran.  Tell that to the mother of that girl who was murdered by Joran van der Sloot because OBAMA didn't have the guts to reopen the Natalie Holloway case.  Tell that to Mel Gibson who like all right-minded people is made the TARGET of GOTCHA JOURNALISM by the liberal intellegentsia CABAL.

So just get in your little Prius which ROBS honest autoworkers in Detroit of JOBS and pick your little perfect kids up from Montessori school where there isn't just ONE kid who loses but ALL OF THEM.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 18:55 »

How you gonna punish the SA?  Make him launder your professor robes after a breakfast of kashi and a lunch of that left-over thing in the fridge with chili (hey, you nuke it long enough ...)

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 21:21 »

T & A stupid??!!

Worst.  Post.  Evah.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2010 at 02:02 »

Wow Penso.  Kinda reminded me of this little gem I found.

Adolf Hitler speech
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010 at 02:10 by P4P » Logged

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jul 15, 2010 at 02:16 »

T & A stupid??!!

Worst.  Post.  Evah.

Maybe this will help.

Waylon Jennings
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2010 at 12:42 »

That TA can't be as stupid as LT's womans.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2010 at 16:40 »

That woman will apparently believe ANYTHING!

Waylon Jennings
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: