Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 18, 2014 at 09:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Sunday Ticket  (Read 6643 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 11:03 »

What I want to know is, why are new customers essentially getting the Ticket for free, but existing customers get fucked?

I'm sure you've all seen the commercial...genius, BTW.

Opulence, I has it

"I jump een it."

So, you pay for the Ticket and you get the premium package free for 5 months?  That's basically $500 in your pocket, man.

I'm callin' those mofos tonite...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #21 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 11:06 »

Been a loyal customer for 9 years now....

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 15:29 »

I like reducing the Ticket price to $29.99 vs saving $10 per month for the next year. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 16:07 »

Been very busy the past 2 weeks, haven't had time to jump into the fray here.

My wife called about a week and a half ago and threatened to cancel, and, as others have discovered, they cut the price in half for the Ticket. They also gave us discounted service on the premium as well. Saved us boatloads of dough.

Anyone else wonder how bad this economy REALLY is -- when the typically arrogant NFL accepts being deep discounted? Makes me a bit nervous...

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 16:37 »

Anyone else wonder how bad this economy REALLY is -- when the typically arrogant NFL accepts being deep discounted? Makes me a bit nervous...

I can't comment on DTV and the Ticket, but this is how the cable companies have operated for years. They increase your monthly bill and see how many peeps simply put up with it. For years now, I contact my cable company when my yearly special is ending and threaten to leave if I don't get another comparable special for the next year. Cable companies, hotels, car dealers, etc. Start to walk away and suddenly they have some wiggle room.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Aug 04, 2010 at 11:46 »

In past years when my wife tried this trick, the DTv rep would tell her that the NFL did not allow them to discount the Ticket or The SuperRip, but they would give us a "discount" on the basic DirecTV service to soften the blow.

They've never directly discounted the Ticket, to my knowledge. I'm betting the price of the NFL Ticket is an economic indicator in Ben Bernanke's "deflation watch" calculations.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Aug 04, 2010 at 12:15 »

They've never directly discounted the Ticket, to my knowledge.

Could be. A buddy of mine had it for years. He dropped it a couple years back and I don't recall him mentioning any deals offered to keep him. He had some bare bones package simply to have DTV for the Ticket.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Aug 04, 2010 at 13:55 »

In past years when my wife tried this trick, the DTv rep would tell her that the NFL did not allow them to discount the Ticket or The SuperRip, but they would give us a "discount" on the basic DirecTV service to soften the blow.

They've never directly discounted the Ticket, to my knowledge. I'm betting the price of the NFL Ticket is an economic indicator in Ben Bernanke's "deflation watch" calculations.

That's what the CSR told me, that the NFL controls the price which is shy they did an acocunt credit.

I don't believe that though.  DirecTV pays the NFL for the rights, so why would the NFL care what they charge - making profit or taking a loss?  Unless, they want to manage ecery aspect of their "brand".

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Aug 04, 2010 at 18:53 »

Called DirectTV last night and got a similar discount.  My discount is $120, but my bill is discounted $10 per month for 12 months.  They also threw in free Showtime for 3 months, which I couldn't care less about.

BOOOOOM

Make sure you call after the 3 months is over or they'll start charging you for it.

When i called to cancel the phone/computer Ticket option, they offered me the 3 months of Showtime too and i asked if it was something I would have to cancel after that and they said yes, so I didn't even bother.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Aug 05, 2010 at 10:24 »

FWIW, I've had SuperFan since it's inception and I've never paid for it.  The Ticket is a different story tho.

Next time, have her pitch a super big hissy fit about it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: