Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 00:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Sunday Ticket  (Read 6846 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2010 at 14:15 »

I used to have a "national feed" for some of the network channels, but since I'm in Denver, they would only give me the west coast feeds.  I would have preferred the east coast feeds, becasue then shows would be on earlier.

When I asked DTV about this they read the "contract" or disclaimer thing and I had to answer yes or no.  I had CBS and FOX, and, I think NBC.  ABC is the only network that the customer had to solicit directly for approval.  For them you had to prove that you could not recieve the local feed, and that you hadn't had cable or satellite in the previous 3 or 5 years.

I did this right after superbowl XL after a Steeler fan I know said he watched that SB in HD.  At that time Network HD wasn't available in Denver unless you ived within about 3 miles of the broadcast poitn, which is the station near down town.  This guy told me about calling DTV and asking for it.  I did it the week after the SB and got the networks I mentioned in HD.

I haven't checked in quite a while to see if I still have those natl feeds or not.  I'll check it out tonight, if I can even remember what channels they are.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2010 at 01:40 »

Unfortunately, that's a minor detail that I forgot to mention to my electrician before the sheetrock and mudding was done...

:angryface:

Sounds like a $1,000.00 mistake to me AJ

By Gods grace, and well, my parents banging in the Pittsburgh area, I have no need for the ticket.  Got the Stillerz game every Sunday on the locals.  F.O.C.  No need to watch anyone else really.  But if I get a hankerin for football during the week I hit the NFLN on Comcast channel 180.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2010 at 14:51 »

Got my Ticket bill (49.99 x 6 mos) and decided enough was enough.  Called to cancel.  Didn't know all games would be HD so Superfan was unneccessary (didn't have it before and cheesed me off that all games weren't HD).  Told them I wanted to cancel and they cut the price almost in half (29.99 X6).  Would have given me phone/computer access for free for first year too but wouldn't be useful to me and didn't want hassle of cancelling later.

So for the few remaining ticket buyers it may be worth a phone call.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jul 24, 2010 at 23:13 »

Wow - im calling tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jul 25, 2010 at 09:17 »

No problem.  When I called told them I wanted to cancel; they asked why and I said it was too expensive and was disappointed that all games weren't available in HD.  She pulled up my profile and makes the lower offer.

Good luck, hope it works for you.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 07:46 »

Called DirectTV last night and got a similar discount.  My discount is $120, but my bill is discounted $10 per month for 12 months.  They also threw in free Showtime for 3 months, which I couldn't care less about.

BOOOOOM

jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 09:37 »

c'mon Big V, Showtime Late Night is all about the B skin flicks!  Wait, I'm thinking of Skinemax....

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 09:52 »

c'mon Big V, Showtime Late Night is all about the B skin flicks!  Wait, I'm thinking of Skinemax....

Showtime has some too. Just not every night like Cinemax. Plus the internet is infinitely better anyway.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 10:54 »

Yeah - they never offer free skinamax.  I could fill my DVR in a coupla weeks wif dat.

Showtime prolly has some, but it's not automatic like The Max.

BV is freaking stoked about being able to keep the Ticket this year.  As mentioned, not only for watching Steelers but to also avoid watching crappy AFC west.

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #19 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 10:59 »

I have been battling DTV for about a month now.  We moved into a new home here is Texas and it is completely pre wired.  But it took 6 visits but DTV to get it right!! After visit 5 I called them to cancel.  They pleaded with me not to, eventually convincing me to stay by reducing my Sunday ticket cost to $29.99 for 6 months and taking an additional $30.00 off my bill for 6 months. Not too bad.  Direct TV does have the best picture in my opinion.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: