Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 17, 2014 at 16:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Sunday Ticket  (Read 6633 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Aug 05, 2010 at 17:28 »

I don't have Direct TV but saw that they offer the Ticket on-line...anyone ever used it?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Aug 05, 2010 at 17:43 »

I don't have Direct TV but saw that they offer the Ticket on-line...anyone ever used it?
No...what's the point? You have to have regular Sunday Ticket in order to get the online package and who's really going to be watching football in streaming quality on your cell phone (or computer) when you could watch it in HD on your TV. Is anyone really not in their house (except in extenuating circumstances) during a Steeler game anyway?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Aug 05, 2010 at 20:01 »

No...what's the point? You have to have regular Sunday Ticket in order to get the online package and who's really going to be watching football in streaming quality on your cell phone (or computer) when you could watch it in HD on your TV. Is anyone really not in their house (except in extenuating circumstances) during a Steeler game anyway?

Because I don't have DirectTV, won't be getting it and was wondering if there was a way to watch the games w/o heading out to the bar or watching a poor feed on myp2p.eu.

Obviously didn't know if there was a way to get the Ticket on-line since that's the way I catch most of the games anyway.  I too didn't know why someone who had the Ticket on their TV would use the internet.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Aug 13, 2010 at 08:46 »

What I want to know is, why are new customers essentially getting the Ticket for free, but existing customers get fucked?

I'm sure you've all seen the commercial...genius, BTW.

Opulence, I has it

"I jump een it."

So, you pay for the Ticket and you get the premium package free for 5 months?  That's basically $500 in your pocket, man.

I'm callin' those mofos tonite...

"But I also like savings dee money...

Managed to essentially get the Ticket for nuttin'.

Bitched and moaned about how as a longtime customer, I'm getting screwed while the noobs get the goods for free.  The rep told me that was a new subscriber deal only, but as others have mentioned, she gave me $20 off for the next 6 months without hardly a whimper.  Told the chick that wasn't good enough...gonna switch to U-verse, blah, blah, blah...they then issued me an additional $10 credit on my HD programming for the next 6 months.  

I figured I maxed out my discounts at that point, but I continued to press, anyway.  She told me that she was trying to do an end run around their software to give me essentially the same deal as new subscribers, but she wasn't able.  Something about only allowing "x" amount of credits per time or somethin'.  Anyway, she gave me an additional $20 off for 6 months, but I've got to wait until after the Ticket credit expires.

All in all, I'd say it was worth the 40 minutes I had to spend on the phone to get it.

Now, I've finally got some disposable income to order my pet mini giraffe.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Aug 13, 2010 at 08:49 »

Bitched and moaned about how as a longtime customer, I'm getting screwed while the noobs get the goods for free.  The rep told me that was a new subscriber deal only, but as others have mentioned, she gave me $20 off for the next 6 months without hardly a whimper.  Told the chick that wasn't good enough...gonna switch to U-verse, blah, blah, blah...they then issued me an additional $10 credit on my HD programming for the next months.

I figured I maxed out my discounts at that point, but I continued to press, anyway.  She told me that she was trying to do an end run around their software to give me essentially the same deal as new subscribers, but she wasn't able.  Something about only allowing "x" amount of credits per time or somethin'.  Anyway, she gave me an additional $20 off for 6 months, but I've got to wait until after the Ticket credit expires.

That's how you do it!
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Aug 16, 2010 at 10:19 »

Make sure you watch your bill to make sure you actually get the discount that you were promised. They may "forget" as they would do pretty much every month for us and we'd have to call and get the credit added again.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #36 on: Aug 19, 2010 at 18:03 »

I have the ticket as a stand alone package and have had it since 1997.  I called and sure as hell I got the $120 off.  Thanks for the info all.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Aug 20, 2010 at 16:59 »

Just so everyone knows, I just got my bill and made a call.  I've made two Ticket payments but got only one credit.  Apparently the credit runs a month behind, so you get a credit the month after your last payment goes through.

It's a mild screwing in that they hold that $20 for what amounts to 6 months, but I guess it's not the end of the world.

Maybe we should get AJ to do group negotiations for all the MGSers next time around.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 18:47 »

Because I don't have DirectTV, won't be getting it and was wondering if there was a way to watch the games w/o heading out to the bar or watching a poor feed on myp2p.eu.

Obviously didn't know if there was a way to get the Ticket on-line since that's the way I catch most of the games anyway.  I too didn't know why someone who had the Ticket on their TV would use the internet.

Just signed up for the Ticket.  Moving to Rockville, MD and outta B'more (thank goondness) so now was a good time to switch.

Anyone have the Sports Package (or Sports Pack)?  Is it worthwhile?  The package I have has thish included but I may downgrade at some point.  My wife isn't going to like the monthly bill after the 5 month package special ends.  That said, she'll be 7+ months pregnant at that point and may appreciate a greater selection of channels than going to a movie theater, at that stage.

The agreement says that under the 24 month agreement, I can downgrade the package/price.  Is this easy to do?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 18:52 »

Close to leaving DTV and getting FIOS.  A series of bad experiences centered on NFL Sunday Ticket.  Really, really pissed.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: