Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 21:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Sunday Ticket  (Read 10850 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 19:20 »

What issues did you have?  I've always had Comcast

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 08:07 »

I don't have Direct TV but saw that they offer the Ticket on-line...anyone ever used it?
No...what's the point? You have to have regular Sunday Ticket in order to get the online package and who's really going to be watching football in streaming quality on your cell phone (or computer) when you could watch it in HD on your TV. Is anyone really not in their house (except in extenuating circumstances) during a Steeler game anyway?

Because I don't have DirectTV, won't be getting it and was wondering if there was a way to watch the games w/o heading out to the bar or watching a poor feed on myp2p.eu.

Obviously didn't know if there was a way to get the Ticket on-line since that's the way I catch most of the games anyway.  I too didn't know why someone who had the Ticket on their TV would use the internet.

Just signed up for the Ticket.  Moving to Rockville, MD and outta B'more (thank goondness) so now was a good time to switch.

Anyone have the Sports Package (or Sports Pack)?  Is it worthwhile?  The package I have has thish included but I may downgrade at some point.  My wife isn't going to like the monthly bill after the 5 month package special ends.  That said, she'll be 7+ months pregnant at that point and may appreciate a greater selection of channels than going to a movie theater, at that stage.

The agreement says that under the 24 month agreement, I can downgrade the package/price.  Is this easy to do?

I think the Sports Pack is all of the "local" or regional sports channels bundled together.  I barely watch the "sports" on my local "sports network", Fox Sports Rocky Mountain, or whatever it is called, so I have less interest in other markets.  Here they broadcast Rockies, Nuggets, and Avalanche games, for the most part.

I have some kiddie package so we get extra Nick, Disney, and cartoon channels.  I get multiple Discovery channels, and a few other things, but don't recall if that's part of a higher tiered package, or somethign extra.  Outside of that I get HBO, but that's it.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 08:19 »

What issues did you have?  I've always had Comcast

One thing that ticks me off is that instead of rewarding longtime customers, the perks go to new customers.  Understand that they want to bring in new money streams, but it's not a way to build loyalty in a competitive market.

But whatever.

Recently had them bill us for PPV movies... from like 5 years ago.  Recently swapped out DVRs, and they "found" data that said we hadn't paid for these 3 flicks.  OK...  Even if that were true, it's bad form to bill someone half a decade late, when records and memory of such rentals are gone.  They ultimately credited the flicks, but after several go-arounds with "customer service" not one person I dealt with understood the reason for my disgust.

Then with the ticket...  We had been getting it for years, but it seemed pricey in years when we were geting all but 3 or 4 PS games, so we stopped.  Then the Tits game was coming up with no local coverage, so I called them about it.  They gave me the standard price, the usual schtick of putting me on hold, and then voila, a $20 per month discount.  Too much for 4 games, I said.  Went back to them again, said new customers got a better deal, and some folks I new had that newbie price matched.  No dice, but the $20 a month discount was again offered.  The wife decided the $20 a month discount  wasn't too much (over my objections) and called in for the game the day of: they refused to even give THAT, and denied ever having offered such a discount.  I got on the phone and told them that if they wanted to call me a liar, and to push out longtime customers to Fios, then they could go to hell.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 14:42 »

New customers are king, in many industries.  Cable, cell phone, internet, land line phone, banks, credit cards, etc etc etc.  Every add you see for these industries are all the discounts for new customers.

Just the way the world is at this point, I guess.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 15:12 »

New customers are king, in many industries.  Cable, cell phone, internet, land line phone, banks, credit cards, etc etc etc.  Every add you see for these industries are all the discounts for new customers.

Just the way the world is at this point, I guess.

But really, it should be the other way round.  You stick with a company, you get rewarded. 

Sort of like MGS: when you're a newbie, you're open to every attack, but if you survive long enough you're like family.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 16:11 »

But really, it should be the other way round.  You stick with a company, you get rewarded. 

Sort of like MGS: when you're a newbie, you're open to every attack, but if you survive long enough you're like family.

Then I want a check for 37.50!

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Oct 07, 2010 at 08:10 »

LOL - Everyone that reads this thinks to themselves "Penso's been on this board for a long time, no way he's getting 37.50".  I guess this means MGS is no different that corporate society. 

Hmmmmm.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Oct 07, 2010 at 13:49 »

LOL - Everyone that reads this thinks to themselves "Penso's been on this board for a long time, no way he's getting 37.50".  I guess this means MGS is no different that corporate society. 

Hmmmmm.

Finny=direct tv sales person.  Hell, all he's gotta do is wear a headset, no hands required, which is a good thing because his flippers can get awful clumsy.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: Jul 27, 2011 at 11:58 »

Get ready to make your phone calls, peeps.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #49 on: Jul 27, 2011 at 16:11 »

My service is Time Warner in NYC and it blows.  I'm sick of the ever increasing prices (now for TV and internet and no Premium channels it's about $150), shitty customer service and the monopoly they got - Vios and AT&T or CableVision not available in my part of Brooklyn.  I know this long going thread about DirecTV and saw they are now offering The Ticket for FREE to new subscribers, which I'm sure pisses everyone on this thread off, so was wondering if it's worth it?  Or do you guys hate it as well?  It would probably be $50 less a month not including money saved at the Steeler Bar.  tt02

thanks

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: