Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 22:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Sunday Ticket  (Read 10444 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 19:43 »

First person that picked up, so figure regular.  Just hope you get a generous one I guess.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #61 on: Aug 26, 2011 at 10:30 »

I'll call back if I don't get someone generous.  The ole CSR roulette.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Aug 26, 2011 at 11:06 »

OK - I made the call.  I didn't do as well as msdmnr, but I got the ticket payment reduced by $30 per installment.  So it will cost $150 (23.99x 6) for the season instead of $325 (53.99 x 6). 

Last year they knocked it down $10 per month for a year so it was $180 for the season.

I asked about additional discounts, but couldn't get anything out of them.  I didn't try very hard.  He said to call back after the 6 months of discounts run out and they could do some more.

S'all good.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 21:57 »

Finally got around to making the call.

Got them to give me Sunday Ticket and Ticket Mobile To Go for free.  She immediately credited my account the 60 something beans they're trying to charge for that package.  She also recommended the auto bill pay route for me to get an additional $10 off a month, but I didn't feel like giving out our info ATM.

Basically, the routine is call up and say you want to cancel service right from the get go.  That bumps you right to the Retention Department without having to deal with the regular CSRs.  The reps in that area have the most authority to do whatever it takes to keep your service.  Bitch and moan about newbies gettin' all the deals; mention solicitations from competitors; and say that those packages would end up saving you $50-$75 a month.

"Unless you can do something for me that makes it worth my while, I think I'm gonna switch..."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 19:15 »

Quick tip from a representative to help speed up slow hardware (i.e. takes forever to page through channels, saved programs, etc.)

Switch your receiver to channel 1.

Press blue, blue, red, red, yellow, green, circle, triangle, square, square, L1 and L2 simultaneously, then start.

Supposedly, this clears the virtual RAM and memory that might be slowing your receiver down.

Ignore the italicized part, obv.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 20:09 »

Press blue, blue, red, red, yellow, green, circle, triangle, square, square, L1 and L2 simultaneously, then start.

Weirdly, that's the same sequence that unlocks the last vehicle on Mario Carts.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #66 on: Oct 04, 2012 at 11:17 »

Forgot to provide an update at the beginning of the season.

Took multiple phone calls, but they ended up giving me the Sunday Ticket for free.  Took more work than in the past, tho.  Same argument...newbies get it gratis, but existing customers get phucked, yada, yada, yada...

FWIW, first reps were useless.  Had to speak to someone in the "Customer Retention" department, I think it's called.  Just call and say you'd like to cancel, that'll get you to the correct area.  Go from there; nickel and diming, bill is out of control, new peeps get it free.

They have to know that this is their golden goose.  If it wasn't for the Ticket, I'd go with whoever could give me the best deal on the best service.  I'm sure I'm not alone.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #67 on: Oct 04, 2012 at 16:42 »

Nice work AJ.  I felt pretty good getting it down to $149.  I guess I need to encourage them with more legal-ease.

You should write out a script for mgs'ers calling DTV.  I could have a dual function.  Jonzr can also use it on stage. For his "comedy" performances, not the, uh, (cough) other ones.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #68 on: Aug 21, 2014 at 11:25 »

Sick bump to remind peeps not to line DirecTVs pockets.

NFL Sunday Ticket for free or nnnnnnnnoooooooo DEAL!!!!!!!

Cool

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #69 on: Sep 03, 2014 at 18:32 »

Just called and said I was going to not renew NFLST and would leave DirectTV to use my Roku and rabbit ears.

Had to renew for 2 years but got the ticket for free, $20 off a month and Genie free.  I doubt this is aj-esque negotiations but I'm pretty happy to simply have NFLST free this year.  Will likely get a minor reduction next year w/o the threat of leaving due to the 2 year renewal but I'll deal with that then.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: