Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 29, 2014 at 09:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woodley pissed  (Read 1535 times)
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2010 at 12:00 »

Where the hell is Hines, and all the other veterans at?  They need to let Woodley know that this is very common for the Steelers...  I mean, wasn't Harrison the defensive player of the year making a million a year or something?  He needs to cool out, and play football.  This is how the Steelers handle this situation. 

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2010 at 14:14 »

Mel Gibson's the road warrior for god's sake.  He can do anything he wants......."A few days ago I saw a rig that could haul that tanker.  You want to get outta here?.....you talk to me."  Think these were his only lines in the whole movie.  Pretty badass considering he was running around with that kid that looked like chaka from Land of the Lost.  

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:16 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5403260&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Heres a link with figures that will surely be used by Woodleys agent.  Elvis got paid. 

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:26 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5403260&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Heres a link with figures that will surely be used by Woodleys agent.  Elvis got paid. 

I gots no problem using that as a starting point for Woodley.  IMO, Elvis is very, very good, but Woodley is better.

Elvis (26 years old): 3 years as starter, 34.5 sacks (11.5 per), 93 tackles (31 per), 1 INT.
Wood (25 years old): 2 years as starter, 25 sacks (12.5 per), 91 tackles (45.5 per), 1 INT.

Pay the man, and pay him well.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:28 »

I gots no problem using that as a starting point for Woodley.  IMO, Elvis is very, very good, but Woodley is better.

Elvis (26 years old): 3 years as starter, 34.5 sacks (11.5 per), 93 tackles (31 per), 1 INT.
Wood (25 years old): 2 years as starter, 25 sacks (12.5 per), 91 tackles (45.5 per), 1 INT.

Pay the man, and pay him well.

I agree, just dont think that it is going to happen.  Feel it would have hapened already.  IMO Woodley is the #1 LB on the team.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 12:34 »

Probably won't get done.  He'll hopefully get his next offseason.

Looking at contracts in general, seems like higher and higher percentages of the deal are guaranteed money in bonuses.  Always used to be a tool with players to renegotiate because they can be injured and cut with no recourse.  Looks to be shifting now.  Sooner or later some team will give an all guaranteed money contract, then that will be over.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 13:28 »

No, I don't think it's happening this year.  I have consciously avoided getting too immersed in the CBA talks and having all that shit swimming in my head, but my take is that the Ronneys are waiting that out: Woodley gets extended next year.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 13:55 »

I don't doubt at all Woodley will get extended; it's been a long time since we let somebody that indispensble go, maybe as far back as Lake and Woodson, pre-cap.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: