Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 02:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TO to AFCN  (Read 1033 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jul 27, 2010 at 17:08 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5414820
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 18:33 »

Haha, wow, TO, Ocho, and Antonio Bryant on the same team. That team is going to explode by week 3.

The best part of that article is the 2 million in incentives. That won't cause any issues i bet.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 at 19:29 by Merman1983 » Logged
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 19:09 »

YOu gotta love this!  That writes off whatever hopes the Bungals had of repeating last season's performance, not that I thought they would.

So, bring on the Ratbirds.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 05:28 »

YOu gotta love this!  That writes off whatever hopes the Bungals had of repeating last season's performance, not that I thought they would.

So, bring on the Ratbirds.

While I agree that this may not be a great fit in Cincy and there will not be enough balls to go around, I think that for the contract given, TO is a steal. 2M + 2M in incentives is nothing for a player of his caliber. Plus it is only a 1 year contract, so you won't have to worry about the inevitable year 2 or 3 meltdown.

That being said, I think Cincy was good last year because of the running game and the offseason moves tell me that they are going back to what hasn't worked for them in the past in an all passing offense. Cool for us.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 08:14 »

While I agree that this may not be a great fit in Cincy and there will not be enough balls to go around, I think that for the contract given, TO is a steal. 2M + 2M in incentives is nothing for a player of his caliber. Plus it is only a 1 year contract, so you won't have to worry about the inevitable year 2 or 3 meltdown.

TO knows he only has a single season to destroy the team.  Better get to work!

Quote from: Tribune
On his Twitter account, Owens replied to Ochocinco late Tuesday: "Ocho Uno is coming 2 town!! Hey Robin, Batman will b there soon!"

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 08:23 »

Henry still has better hands than the both of them. Dude left this world proving he wasn't afraid of contact.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 08:55 »

I'm confused, I always though Chris Henry was Robin?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 10:19 »

Bengals have a buttload of promising young WR talent, which means all the young guys have to wait to get their shot with the TO inking.  And it ain't just TO and Ocho: they had signed Antonio Bryant, another talented diva, so you have a 3-way feud simmering.

First 6 weeks, these shitheads will be all smiles.  Biggest stumbling blocks on the sched should be the Pats, who really do seem to be declining, and the Ratties, with 10 guys on PUP.  Could go 6-0.  Then they get Miami, Pitt, Indy, the Jets, Saints, and Pitt again.  That's when that shit goes south, babies.  It's all great till someone pull the grenade pin in the bunker.

Everyone talks about how the Bengals really revamped the D and the run game, and now they're stocking receiving talent.  Problems, besides WR ego and the usual Bungling overconfidence and deflation:  not great depth at RB or QB; Carson Palmer has struggled off knee and elbow injuries; everyone will gun for the division winner; Antwon Odom still coming back from the torn Achilles; the usual thuggery and dumbassery; and bad PK and punting.

Everyone's selling the Bungles, but I ain't buying, and TO changes nothing.  The guy will be 37 this year, and even giving him the benny of doubt for travails in Buff, his end of tenure in Dallas was somewhat forgettable. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 10:44 »

Beginning to really like the under for regular season wins for Balty (10) and over for Cincy (Cool.

Baltimore is pretty fucking busted considering it's not even August.  Not having Reed for 1/3 of the season is going to be killer.  Bet they end up somewhere in the middle of the pack on that side of the ball for the first 6.

IMO, the people that think this is a bad for Cincy are selling TO short.  He got almost 60 catches in Buffalo. Buffalo, FFS.  He's still a viable weapon that needs to be accounted for on defense and the dude is still a legit RZ threat.  Consider that for Pittsburgh, Miller is probably the only guy that compares inside the 20.  On offense for the Kittens, the key is Palmer.  If he's even halfway decent, their offense will probably be the best in the division.  Now, can they replicate their defensive success from '09?  We'll see.

Make no mistake, Cincy didn't get worse.  They got better.  The race for the division crown is even closer now.  H2H will be crucial this year.

If I were throwing preseason predictions for the AFCN around, I'd probably go with something like:

Cincy 10-6
Balty 9-7
Pitt 8-8
Cleveland 5-11

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 13:34 »

there will not be enough balls

I believe that lack of balls has been a problem in Cincy for some time.

This reeks of arrogance.  Sure, we can control TO!  He's changed!  Even OchoStinko said it:  This will be different because we're friends!  Just thanking the good Lord that i don't have friends like this.

Troy, RClark, Harrison, Timmons, etc. are certainly foaming at the mouth right now.  A chance to knock GoldTooth and CryBaby in the same game?

Priceless.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: