Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 14:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When Farrior talks, Steelers should listen  (Read 551 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Aug 03, 2010 at 08:19 »

I love this guy.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10215/1077197-66.stm?cmpid=bcpanel0

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 09:48 »

He is great and he was great when I met him (and got his autograph) outside of FedEx field after a preseason game a couple of years ago. I hope that the rookies and younger players listen to what he is saying.

We'll begin to find out how much Farrior has left and how good this defense will be when the preseason starts Aug.14. In the meantime, Farrior will continue to offer wise advice to his younger teammates.

Maybe even to one of his older ones.

"I'm sure I'll talk to Ben at some point during camp," Farrior said. "It won't be something I'll talk about out in the open. I don't think I have to say too much to him. He knows the situation. He just has to make better decisions."

I also hope that he has this talk with Ben (because it probably falls to him as a responsibility at this point), but I am certainly skeptical that it will have the same effect that it may have on one of the rookies. Ben has at least as much of the leadership of this team on the field (and probably more at this point) than Farrior does and it may not be the awe inspiring discussion that it may be for one of the rookies to have a talk with the Defensive team leader. I hope I am wrong, but I just do not see Ben learning from his mistakes in the past and certainly not because someone else tells him to make better decisions (thank you captain obvious).

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

jasonic

« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 11:13 »

the preseason starts Aug. 14th!!!   headbang

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2010 at 11:14 »

"I feel like I made all the right steps to get better," Farrior said. He talked of working out during the offseason with teammates Foote, Ike Taylor, Bryant McFadden and William Gay in the "hot-ass" Orlando, Fla., sun with conditioning guru Tom Shaw. "I'm in the best shape I've been in in a while."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
BleedGreen710

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2010 at 09:09 »

"I'm in the best shape I've been in in a while."[/i]

In a while?  Maybe he should take a page out of Bettis' playbook and show up in the best shape of his career....

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2010 at 10:22 »

"I'm in the best shape I've been in in a while."[/i]

In a while?  Maybe he should take a page out of Bettis' playbook and show up in the best shape of his career....

I doubt Farrior could play at 270#

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: