Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 06:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec 19 - NYJ  (Read 4170 times)
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #60 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 18:27 »

Heres to punting on fourth and four from the 34, for a net of 12 yards.
Pain

« Reply #61 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 18:44 »

Heres to punting on fourth and four from the 34, for a net of 12 yards.

Yeah, that was great.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 19:17 »

Here's to waiting for a safety to replace Scott.

Here's to having to play the next two weeks to get the division.

Here's to taking it down to the wire.  Again.

This team can't ever make things easy.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pain

« Reply #63 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 19:38 »

Anyone make sense out of the reports that we clinched a playoff spot tonight, despite losing? I thought we needed help, that didn't come?
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #64 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 19:45 »

Anyone make sense out of the reports that we clinched a playoff spot tonight, despite losing? I thought we needed help, that didn't come?

They clinched based on strength of schedule according to the team twitter. Whatever though, they need to win they next two to get the bye or they are in big trouble anyway.
Pain

« Reply #65 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 21:04 »

They clinched based on strength of schedule according to the team twitter. Whatever though, they need to win they next two to get the bye or they are in big trouble anyway.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I agree with you...big, big trouble if they don't finish out. I'm not feeling comfortable with the scenario that is shaping up. 
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #66 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 21:39 »

Did the calls cost us the game?  I maybe not, but those PI's should not have been missed.  If there truly is an official watching every reciever, dudes don't just slow down for no reason like that.  No guarantee we score, but I'd like to have 4 shots from the 5 instead of 3 from the 10.

I can't really blame Spaeth on taking away that ball at the end.  He and the WR broke to the same open spot.  It happens.

Couda, shoulda, but didn't.  Wasn't a critical loss as long as we take care of business like we should next 2 weeks.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #67 on: Dec 19, 2010 at 22:46 »

Wasn't a critical loss as long as we take care of business like we should next 2 weeks.

And this is a critical point.

Agree on PI calls.  Once or twice is bad enough.  It happened at least four times today, and all went vs. Steelers.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #68 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 08:33 »

I think it's a critical loss based on week 17. We'll roll carolina but the Cleveland game scares me, especially if the game means something. It'll be their Super Bowl to keep us out of the #2 seed if it comes down to that, and that team isn't the laugher that it used to be.

I guess you could say if we don't beat 2 teams with a combined 7-19 record, we don't deserve a bye. I just think week 17 will be a nail-biter, being a divisional game against an improved rival.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #69 on: Dec 20, 2010 at 08:36 »

I was fairly distracted yesterday during the game, so I wasn't able to concentrate, and they lost.  I take full responsibility.

With about 8 minutes left I "knew" the game was over.  After the safety, it was obviously over.  As it turns out, 2 shots at the EZ from the 10 after a 22 yd run by Ben, and 29 yd completion on 3rd and 24.  

On the last play, Redman was wide right - lol.  I would have put him in the slot again, like the play vs the Ravens, and if no other options, hit him at the 2 yd line and let him doze it into the ez.

I don't think Spaeth could have come down in bounds on the last play, but at the end of the game, on the NFL Ticket channel anyway, they showed the last play a few times in slo-mo.  The defender never touched that ball, it pretty much clanged off of Spaeth's hands.

Ben didn't take nearly the beating he does on a normal week, which is good since they are playing on Thursday.  The O-line even picked up a few jail-break blitzes.  The safety was a horribly blown assignment, but overall better than recent weeks.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2010 at 08:55 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: