Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 06:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 12 - Cincinnati  (Read 3579 times)
Robotman
Administrator
No longer a N00b!

« on: Aug 03, 2010 at 15:23 »

Could TO still be co-existing with Ochocinco?
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 23:14 »

Could TO still be co-existing with Ochocinco?

Um...no. 

But make no mistake about it, this game is dangerous.  EXTREMELY dangerous for the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Now is not the time to have a hiccup against a truly heinous time.

Now is the time to beat the Been-gals by 40 points.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 13:01 »

ya, 40 pts - BA will make that happen!!!!!!  I'd be happy with 17 in the 4th.  I mean that's th emost that I'd expect on a good day.  Arians will start playing Cowher/Tomlin ball mid 3rd qtr with a 14 pt lead, just to keep it interesting.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 06:14 »

ya, 40 pts - BA will make that happen!!!!!!  I'd be happy with 17 in the 4th.  I mean that's th emost that I'd expect on a good day.  Arians will start playing Cowher/Tomlin ball mid 3rd qtr with a 14 pt lead, just to keep it interesting.

You're right on...but I've just quit griping about it.  This team has been good enough for the last four years to win in spite of BA to win, and the only way that he's ever going to go is if that changes.  I don't believe any team is stupid enough to hire him away from Pittsburgh, and I just don't believe Tomlin/Rooney will axe him as long as the team wins.

But on to the next game--it's not that I believe the Bengals are good, but they are talented.  They play a lot of close games.  I'd rather not have this come down to expecting them to do something stupid, although that's usually a good bet.  I just remember a little game in December of 2001 where the Steelers managed to blow a game they should have easily won.  This year's division race is way too close to let that happen.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 13:22 »

And it's not like Cincy at home has been a sure thing the last so many years, either.

Run, the, ball.  Easiest way to whip a shaky OL into place. 

To put it another way, if we can't have success in december at home against a bottom-10 team versus the run, f'in forget any kind of deep run in January.  By success I mean Mendy at 20-25 carries for 110 and a score, and Redman at 10-15 carries for 50+ and two scores. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 13:27 »

Happy Birthday Penso!!!

What? There's only 3 other threads going.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 18:05 »

Happy Birthday Penso!!!

What? There's only 3 other threads going.

It's my birthday?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 18:22 »

It's my birthday?

Maximum Grilled Steelers' Prof. Penso is listed as doubtful for Monday's classes.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 19:29 »

To put it another way, if we can't have success in december at home against a bottom-10 team versus the run, f'in forget any kind of deep run in January.  By success I mean Mendy at 20-25 carries for 110 and a score, and Redman at 10-15 carries for 50+ and two scores.

Dang straight.

And Happy Birthday as well.  I'll be joining you in the 40 club very soon.  As I'm sure you know, working on a dissertation makes me feel 80.

KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 21:45 »

I'll be joining you in the 40 club very soon.  As I'm sure you know, working on a dissertation makes me feel 80.

I don't even remember 40 and I've already finished my dissertation... I think it was Jello.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: