Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 08:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 12 - Cincinnati  (Read 2942 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Dec 12, 2010 at 16:19 »

You know, I've just resigned myself to the fact that this is what we are.  This is what we're going to be.  It's always going to be ugly, no matter how many yards our offense actually gains.  We move the ball because Ben is an absolute stud, and we have a group of receivers that work their butts off in spite of being too young (Brown, Wallace, 88) or too over the hill (Ward, ARE).  The offensive line is a cruel joke, as is Bruce Arians' refusal to adjust to that pourous group. 

I fully expect next week to be a heinous event, 11-5 Steelers win.

It's good enough to get us in great playoff position, but I doubt it's good enough to beat the Patriots.  About our only hope is to go no-huddle and let Ben run things, but we know that's not going to happen.  I look for us to go out in the AFCC.

But until then, I'm planning to enjoy the ride.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Dec 12, 2010 at 16:38 »

No offensive TD, yet win by a comfortable margin.  Defense was absoulutely dominant.  When your D outscores their O 14-7, you're usually gonna end up in good shape.

Palmer=most overrated QB ever.

Offense doing just enough.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Dec 12, 2010 at 20:53 »

Palmer=most overrated QB ever.

True enough, but he's had two major injuries and a bunch of candyasses to babysit for his entire career.  Johnson, Whoseurmama, Henry, now TO.  I'm very sure he would have been better without the injuries; and I'm pretty sure he would have been better without all those divas.

Let me add that we still have a chance if someone else can knock out NE in the playoffs (obviously).  There are AFC teams that just seem to match up better with them than we do.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Dec 12, 2010 at 22:34 »

Carson Palmer is a fine example for the season of giving. What a bum.

Run, run, fast as you can...you cannot catch us, Gingerhead man.

Now let's go eat a gaddam snack.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #54 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 07:51 »

I liked watching D*** yank Troy's jersey and give him an ear-full after that stupid pitch.  I like the fact the players aren't too big to catch hell, not unleash, but catch it, for being stupid on the field.  
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2010 at 10:09 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 09:32 »

The NFL Rulebook has been changed, apparently.

If your name is James Harrison, you can't tackle someone such that they are the least bit slow to get up.

And if your name is Ben Roethlisberger, you can be roughed, hit late, hit high, hit low, hit after the whistle. If someone goes so far as punching you in the face, then the refs will consider a penalty.

Welcome to the party.

I'm done.  Just done with bitching about it.  Until further notice, just assume I remain in a state of pissedoffedness equal to that expressed by James Harrison any time you see his face.  Because the hypocrisy apparently ain't ending soon.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 09:47 »

PSD: 14, PSO: 9, CBO: 7.

The inability to get 7s is perhaps a fatal flaw, most of which I think can be traced back to the OL issues and BA.  Although truth be said, BA had some good play calls for a change.  Not all of 'em to be sure, but a much better game plan than usual.  Of course, he does feel an addictive need to screen to the oldest WRs.

How many times do we say, "Wow, that's one of the plays of the year!", that being said about a Polamalu play?  The guy is a living highlight reel.  Sure, Coach Dad got angry at his dumbassery on the almost-pitch, but he couldn't stay angry long, and neither should we.

Ben is one of the toughest motherfuckers, and he makes the offense go.  But he got lucky early on a pair of almost-picks, and for the life of me I don't understand why Fichtner doesn't go over time management with the big guy.  Let's see... spike the ball before the half, lose a down, and let a TO on the board as time expires?

Suisham is making kicks I think Reed would have missed, this year at least, most years probably.  His kickoffs won't help us in the post, but not a bad midseason acquisition.

Sure, a lot of the holds being called on us are because our guys suck and compensate thusly, but it still seems awfully disproportionate.  And at least the one hold on Flo was bullshit.  I think Dan said something about how you could see the jersey being pulled: it STILL wasn't a fucking hold.

Keisel and Timmons were blowing shit up.  Gay is great, blitzing. 

Flow of the game was close to what I predicted: the inverse of expectations.  Close early, stomp 'em late.  Should have been more of a blowout.  The offense really worries me.  That said, each of the receivers had at least one standout catch.  Spaeth, not so much. 

Was really hoping the Bears would, well, not so much win as beat the shit out of Brady.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 10:18 »

Spaeth wiffed on a couple blocks, but blocked pretty well overall.  Johnson, can never remember his 1st name, #85, needs to see the field more often.  Mostly in front of Mendy on running plays.
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2010 at 12:43 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #58 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 10:51 »

Was really hoping the Bears would, well, not so much win as beat the shit out of Brady.

I think Beardy suffered from chapped lips, that's about it.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Dec 13, 2010 at 11:33 »

I think Beardy suffered from chapped lips, that's about it.

Brady hates chapped lips.

That's why he gives out Chapstick to the adoring media.

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: