Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 23:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 13 - Dec 5 @ Baltimore  (Read 7852 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #170 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 09:59 »

With the exception of the two big pass plays, the Ravens didn't do much except r@pe McFadden.

That's true.  It seemed much worse for the defense real-time, but it was  two big plays and McFadden being pwned.  And the persistent problem with 3rd and long.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #171 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 10:07 »

I am so happy right now. Somehow, battered and bruised we managed to pull out the W.  Did you see BBR after the game in the locker room.  Swear I saw a huge S on his chest.  He played like a champion. That guy has some huge stones. I have broken my nose twice, very painful, seriously what a tough guy.  If there are no fines for Balty after this game I will have to fly my ass to NY and have a sit down with Mr. Goddell, who coming with me? I have too much to say right now, but gotta run. BTW how pissed would you be if you were a Ravens fan... you know Troy is coming to kill you and there is nothing you can do to stop him.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #172 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 11:16 »

One good item is that Bryant McFadden is practicing.  As uneven as he and Gay have been, there's no denying that having Anthony Madison playing as a DB is even worse. 

With the AFC race shaping up as Jets, Patriots, Steelers and Ravens almost certain to make the cut (next best teams by overall record are 7-4 Chiefs and 6-5 Colts, Jaguars, and Chargers), this Sunday will likely cast the die for 1 seed versus 5 seed (hope for the Jets to win), and 2 seed versus 6 seed (we cannot afford to be 2 down to the Ravens with the slate remaining).

Wouldn't it be better for the Pats to win since we still have a chance at the wild card tiebreaker with them. If god-forbid, we drop a couple and end up second in the division, it would be very nice to have a head-to-head tiebreaker with another team fighting for a wild card spot.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #173 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 11:19 »

The NFL is officially BULLSHIT.

Tell me that, if Harrison's hand had swiped near a QB's face in a punching motion, and that QB emerged from the pile with a bleeding and bloody nose, that we wouldn't be hit with a 15-yarder and Harrison thrown out of the game?

Nothing again Ngata, as I think it was an accident, but fuck it, if that wasn't a "blow to the head," what the fuck was it?

(Our defense looks fired up and fucking prepared so far, though.)

C'mon. It's completely understandable. A helmet has no give to it, so the defensive player might hurt his hand. A nose has a lot of give to it, so no threat that the defensive player sustains an injury. This is sound judgment on the part of the refs.

Got to keep those players safe.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #174 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 11:26 »

If there are no fines for Balty after this game I will have to fly my ass to NY and have a sit down with Mr. Goddell, who coming with me? I have too much to say right now, but gotta run.

Count me in.

Agreed, however I'd like to point out that THAT was the perfect defensive play call.  And it was perfectly executed.  True, Polamalu forced the fumble, but most members of this Board would have (almost) been able to make that play.  The real key there was rushing Polamalu right over James tail, who drove hard guard-tackle gap and you can see Oher's eyes just move right with Harrison; he steps over inside and doesn't lay a hand on Troy.  I am not sure if Oher thought he had help out of the backfield or if Flacco checked to a hot route, but its obvious that Harrison commanded Oher's attention.  Needless to say, Flacco, Oher, et al. underestimated Troy's speed.

While I agree that it was great play calling & a great shift by Deebo, I agree with Tomlin that most other players would have sacked Flacco rather than make the chop & get the ball out.

And I don't know how well you know the members of this board, but I'm pretty sure most of them would NOT have been able to make that play.
At least without a heavy dose of some serious chemical or mechanical assistance....

wacko

I'm still the one with the boobs.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #175 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 11:31 »

But I love Deebo.  He's way smarter than anyone gives him credit for, and he's honest and what he said was dead on accurate.
He not only would've been flagged & fined, he would likely have been thrown out & suspended!!

I agree.

But I THINK he said that it shouldn't be a flag.

BTW, how about some Isaac Redman?  Tell me why we don't get him the ball more often?

Wait, nevermind...it's the default answer.

I agree Preach. I think it was something like this.

Andrea: James, what do you think about the hit on Miller?

James: I don't think it should be illegal, but if that's me making that hit, then 9 out of 10 times it draws a flag and a fine.

The "but" in there is what makes me think that he said it should not have been flagged. Think about it, if he was saying that is should be flagged, then the "but" in the sentence makes no sense.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #176 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 11:40 »

But I love Deebo.  He's way smarter than anyone gives him credit for, and he's honest and what he said was dead on accurate.
He not only would've been flagged & fined, he would likely have been thrown out & suspended!!

I agree.

BTW, how about some Isaac Redman?  Tell me why we don't get him the ball more often?

James: I don't think it should be illegal, but if that's me making that hit, then 9 out of 10 times it draws a flag and a fine.

The "but" in there is what makes me think that he said it should not have been flagged. Think about it, if he was saying that is should be flagged, then the "but" in the sentence makes no sense.

In full agreement. I wasn't necessarily commenting on that, just the part where he says HE would've been flagged.  And then I threw in fined, thrown out of the game & suspended!

FWIW, he actually did say the hit shouldn't have been flagged.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #177 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 11:43 »

Did you see BBR after the game in the locker room.  Swear I saw a huge S on his chest.  He played like a champion.

After that game he deserves to drink like one too...it just better not be privately with any chicks (underage or not).

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #178 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 11:45 »

I agree.

In full agreement. I wasn't necessarily commenting on that, just the part where he says HE would've been flagged.  And then I threw in fined, thrown out of the game & suspended!

FWIW, he actually did say the hit shouldn't have been flagged.

Wow...I just went back and read your post and that's exactly what you said. I guess I read yours then read preach's and it swayed what I thought I read in your post. It's all preach's fault.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #179 on: Dec 06, 2010 at 12:17 »

And I don't know how well you know the members of this board, but I'm pretty sure most of them would NOT have been able to make that play.
At least without a heavy dose of some serious chemical or mechanical assistance....

Ouch!  I hurt myself getting offended by your post.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: