Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 06:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 12 - Nov 23 @ Buffalo  (Read 3387 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 10:58 »

BTW, Bills have 20 sacks on the year.

5 came yesterday.

Our OL accounts for 25% of THEE mighty Bills' sack total, because at most one was a coverage sack.  Ben was actually doing a very good job of throwing the ball away yesterday, moreso than usual. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 11:14 »

I just fuckin' knew this one was gonna be close.  Just didn't expect it to be that close.

Never been so happy to have a fantasy player blow a TD than when Johnson dropped the game winner.  

Yes, Christmas definitely came early for Steeler fans.  Just park that one in the back of your minds if Pittsburgh ends up finishing ahead of Balty for the division title.

Somebody send Stevie Johnson a nice "thank you" card attached to a case of Butterfingers.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #42 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 13:17 »

Hard to say you were lucky to win a game you dominated statistically (yards, TOP, turnover diff), but that's exactly what happened.  

What is it about the Steelers, that over the last ten years or so, we've had so many games like this? We dominate statistically, we "win" 2/3 of the individual plays, and yet....we barely win. Or we lose.

Don't remember this being the case so much in the 90s, but maybe I'm wrong. Is it our style of play? My guess is that it's more of a passing league, and big plays in the passing game have a disproportionate impace on the outcome of games. Plus special teams and red zone efficiency can skew the score of a game where one team dominates.

Just seems that when the other better teams of the decade -- Patriots, Colts, Eagles -- vastly outplay their opponent in a given game, the scoreboard usually reflect this.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 13:29 »

We were 12/19 on third downs.  Gotta get more than 16 points when you'r 60+% on 3rd down.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 13:58 »

We were 12/19 on third downs.  Gotta get more than 16 points when you'r 60+% on 3rd down.

Or when the TOP is 29:59 to 0:01 or whatever the fuck it was in the 1H.

At halftime, I mentioned to Mrs. F. that the lack of points worried me and we were in for another roller coaster ride second half.

After OT, I was nearly dead.  I had rolled off the sofa facedown and she didn't notice until the dog nudged me over.  Perils of a head on a pillow.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 14:38 »

After OT, I was nearly dead.  I had rolled off the sofa facedown and she didn't notice until the dog nudged me over.  Perils of a head on a pillow.

I was in a cab was refreshing my phone on a play by play basis during the last drive.  At one point the page said, "END OF PERIOD" and I about had a stroke thinking Tomlin screwed up the clock management or something and we ended up tied.

Had to eat my words about Sweezem though.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 14:45 »

I was in a cab was refreshing my phone on a play by play basis during the last drive.  At one point the page said, "END OF PERIOD" and I about had a stroke thinking Tomlin screwed up the clock management or something and we ended up tied.

Had to eat my words about Sweezem though.

That's no shit.  After the game, Mrs. asked me who I thought had the best and worst performances, and among the best I had to list Squeezeham.  No doubt in my mind Skippy woulda shanked a couple of those 40+ kicks, none whatsoever. 

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: