Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 23:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 12 - Nov 23 @ Buffalo  (Read 3022 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 15:48 »

Ike gave up early on the drop by Johnson.  Pretty ugly and unacceptable.

A win but not deserved

Swish was great.  Mendy was pretty good despite the OL

The Bills' D must have a few DPOYs...just have to

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 15:50 »

Alright, well, we won. We're an ugly 8-3 team, but we're 8-3. Losing this would have been devastating; that we won a squeaker shouldn't upset us too much. Notch the win and move on. These guys almost beat B-more, too.

There's not a division leader in this league that doesn't have a number of ugly wins, lucky wins, against bad teams all over their schedule. I'm not trying to make excuses, and I'm not trying to puff this team up. I think this is a playoff team, and one capable of winning one playoff game. More than that, and I'll consider this a successful year. If we can somehow wrangle the #2 seed and avoid playing New England, we can even make it to the big one, but I'm not counting on it.

Remember that we're 8-3 with the most dinged-up lines, offense and defense, in the league. If we can get some of those guys back by January, we might be much improved. Tom Brady wouldn't look so good if he had Scott at LT and Ramon Foster at G.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 16:03 »

So....

....the Bills are one of the worst teams defending the run....

....one of the worst teams defending the pass....

....and they switched to a new defensive system, oh, during practice this week.

And we have 16 points in 4 and 1/2 quarters, as I type this. Nice job.

You have some kinda point there?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 16:03 »

I don't know that my brain has ever hurt this much outside of hangovers and trying to make sense of Sarah Palin.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 16:06 »

I'd like to point out that our lack of, say, actual points, our lack of any coherent OL play, and despite the usual late game collapse of our pass defense, NONE of this would have been an issue without the zebras giving 1&10 off YET ANOTHER utter bullshit call against 92.  Repeat offender?  More like target of the Goodell mafia. 

scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 16:27 »

Things to Note:

Solomon Wilcots may be my new "worst commentator" unseating Dan Dierdorf (NFL) and Mike Patrick (NCAAF).

To the Refs in Buffalo: The only part of Harrison's helmet that MAY have hit Fitzpatrick's chin was the back of the helmet.  And the back of the helmet can never be considered the "crown" of the helmet.  Bad call.  Worse fine.

Kemo, had some great blocks moving and pulling to his right and thus, I would like to see more of Kemo pulling and Adams blocking over right/downblocking on the pull.  (Also, the lack of false start penalties called on Adams this season has been a pleasant surprise).

Tons of Steelers fans in Buffalo all of whom were waiving their terrible towels and screaming when the Steeler's O was on the field.

First overtime game where having the ball first meant less than being able to choose the endzone you wanted to defend/direction you wanted to drive.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 16:34 »

Solomon Wilcots may be my new "worst commentator" unseating Dan Dierdorf (NFL) and Mike Patrick (NCAAF).

I loved when Solomon called Mike Wallace "Mike Williams" about 4 times in the span of 2 minutes, all while praising "Mike Williams" and his impact on a defense.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 17:12 »

I listened to the Bills feed via web radio.  Not a bad crew

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #28 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 17:14 »

Sure, it was ugly and the offense kicked too many FGs instead of scoring TDs ... but ... they won road game against a scrappy team that had just won 2 in a row after being winless.  The hated Ravens must win today to keep pace and if they do,  the Steelers have their revenge shot at their place next week.  

Ah, football in December.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Nov 28, 2010 at 17:17 »

I watched the Tenn-Houston game and loved seeing Cortland Finnegan punched a couple of times...always have hated that guy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: