Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 11:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 10 - Nov 14 - New England  (Read 6338 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #160 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 13:35 »

1. First off Chris Collinsworth is a dick.  He did not have one good thing to stay about the Steelers all night. 

I'm trying hard to think of one good thing to say about the Steelers, aside from nice catch and play in garbage time...

Umm...

Uhhhhhhhhhh...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #161 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 14:01 »

I'm trying hard to think of one good thing to say about the Steelers

How 'bout those throwback jerseys?!?!

Maybe call them the throwbackpedal jerseys when they where them against NE.

The league is looking into broadcasting the next Steelers/Pats game in HD Panoramic. Ya know, so fans at home can actually see some of the Steelers DBs on the screen during Patriots pass plays.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #162 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 14:02 »

My worthless thoughts

1. First off Chris Collinsworth is a dick.  He did not have one good thing to stay about the Steelers all night.  I think he wants to blow Brady.
2. Injuries played a big part of the result
3. We have all seen teams try to make the QB beat us, why is the opposite not true.  Drop 8 into coverage and see what happens then.  Make the team try to beat you with the run
4. Something is wrong with Troy, his insticts just seem off
5. Cut ARE and Reed immediately
6. Getting in a shoot out is probably a bad idea
7. Mendy had 11carries, 11 for fuck sake.
8. Rob Gronkowski is not Tony Gonzales
9. WHY THE FUCK WAS BRADY'S TD NOT REVIEWED
10.  I have never hated a player more than I hate Beardy, when he spiked that ball, pissed beyond belief
11. First 3 picks in the draft next year better be oline, imagine what BB could do behind a great oline
12. Last night ruined my week, probably will not turn on the TV until Thursday

Brinker

1. I don't know, I like Collinsworth (ducking under desk). I think he knows his stuff, observes things pretty well, is funny sometimes. You're certainly entitle to your opinion about him, but I don't get that you're mad that he praised Brady? C'mon man, Brady put on a fucking clinic. What was CC supposed to do? Praise how well the Steelers tackled 20 yards downfield?

2. Very true. We are very banged up all of a sudden, and haven't adjusted. Next week will tell us more definitively whether we can adapt to the lineup we can put on the field, or whether we're heading for 8-8.

3. I know what you mean here. Our defense is built to stuff the run. Hence, we play 3 NT on the front line. The problem with this is that if our blitzes don't work, there is no pass rush, because the linemen aren't really going to bring it. And our attempt to make the offense one-dimensional, our stated goal, results in making us one dimensional on defense, a run-stuffing team that can't cover shit.

4. Troy doesn't seem to have the burst or something. I don't know. This is one of the mysteries of this team. I figure Troy to be the kind of player who will get old in a hurry, since his playing style is about explosive acceleration. Hope it hasn't happened yet. If he's banged up, I'd rather they sit him for two weeks and let him get right for whatever stretch run we're going to have.

5. Wouldn't mind cutting Reed, but might as well keep ARE. In fact, and I don't usually go in for gadget plays, but I'd like to see ARE attempt a pass or two every game. Why the hell not?

6. We panicked early, offensively, I thought. Voluntarily became one-dimensional.

7. Mendy played a heroic game, I thought, considering each run play was a Chinese fire drill of block-whiffing. His long run took some Barry Sanders at the beginning just to get out of the damn backfield.

8. Well, he was plenty talented enough to shred us in the red zone.

9. More importantly, how did our vaunted run D allow a runway model to go all Jim Brown on us right up the poop shoot?

10. He does seem to enjoy beating us. What did we ever do to him? We seriously have never done anything to him.

11. There are lots of holes to fill with our picks next year. CB, for one. OT, for sure. Might need another WR or RB, too.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2010 at 14:04 by Manimal » Logged
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #163 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 15:19 »

1. I don't know, I like Collinsworth (ducking under desk). I think he knows his stuff, observes things pretty well, is funny sometimes. You're certainly entitle to your opinion about him, but I don't get that you're mad that he praised Brady? C'mon man, Brady put on a fucking clinic. What was CC supposed to do? Praise how well the Steelers tackled 20 yards downfield?

Yeah, agree with that.  Despite his former allegiance, he's actually pretty quick to slob knob the Steelers when it's deserving.  Truth be told, that hasn't been the case lately. 

11. There are lots of holes to fill with our picks next year. CB, for one. OT, for sure. Might need another WR or RB, too.

C'mon broski, LB and TE.  Early and often.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #164 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 06:47 »

Just tossing it out there:

Does Belicheck own us; or does BRADY own us?

In 2008, Pastries had the coach, but not the Brady.  We destroyed them.  Almost every other time Brady has played us, he's made us look like fools.

I just have a theory that Brady does not get nearly enough credit for what he does to make the Hoodie look good.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #165 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 08:13 »

As much as I love to hate Hoodie, he gets more out no name players/teams than any coach out there.

One game we loost to the Pats was the mighty force of Drew Bledsoe coming in late in the 4th qtr and throwing a td pass to ice it. 

I think it's a combo ownership/beat down situation.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #166 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 09:21 »

As much as I love to hate Hoodie, he gets more out no name players/teams than any coach out there.

One game we loost to the Pats was the mighty force of Drew Bledsoe coming in late in the 4th qtr and throwing a td pass to ice it. 

Agreed. The scheme that Belichek (sp?) uses to beat us is almost perfect (though to be fair, it's not that hard...it's the same scheme every single time), but in order to make that scheme work, you need the QB to make the throws. If too many fall incomplete or go into the hands of our defensive players, then it turns into a Steeler win. Brady does not make many of those mistakes. Check out the first TD to the TE for the game Sunday...that was a perfect pass and it wasn't a short one either (20 yards). I'd say he had about a 6 inch window to throw that ball through. Three inches farther away from Gronkowski (to the left from Brady's perspective) and it falls incomplete. Three inches closer to Gay (to the right from Brady's perspective) or 3 inches shorter and he at least knocks it down and probably intercepts it. Any farther into the end zone and Clark (who was closing fast) lights him up and probably gets flagged for a PF (but it's probably not a touchdown).

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #167 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 10:22 »

I just have a theory that Brady does not get nearly enough credit for what he does to make the Hoodie look good.

Of course, QBs make the coach, not vice versa.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #168 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 11:38 »

Agreed. The scheme that Belichek (sp?) uses to beat us is almost perfect (though to be fair, it's not that hard...it's the same scheme every single time), but in order to make that scheme work, you need the QB to make the throws. If too many fall incomplete or go into the hands of our defensive players, then it turns into a Steeler win. Brady does not make many of those mistakes. Check out the first TD to the TE for the game Sunday...that was a perfect pass and it wasn't a short one either (20 yards). I'd say he had about a 6 inch window to throw that ball through. Three inches farther away from Gronkowski (to the left from Brady's perspective) and it falls incomplete. Three inches closer to Gay (to the right from Brady's perspective) or 3 inches shorter and he at least knocks it down and probably intercepts it. Any farther into the end zone and Clark (who was closing fast) lights him up and probably gets flagged for a PF (but it's probably not a touchdown).

The window for that throw was about the size of the football.  That rat headed creep can make throws all day long.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #169 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 13:08 »

That rat headed creep can make throws all day long.

Couldnt agree more.  He is good.  Real good.  But every dog has his day.  Too bad it was against the Browns

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Pages: 1 ... 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: