My worthless thoughts
1. First off Chris Collinsworth is a dick. He did not have one good thing to stay about the Steelers all night. I think he wants to blow Brady.
2. Injuries played a big part of the result
3. We have all seen teams try to make the QB beat us, why is the opposite not true. Drop 8 into coverage and see what happens then. Make the team try to beat you with the run
4. Something is wrong with Troy, his insticts just seem off
5. Cut ARE and Reed immediately
6. Getting in a shoot out is probably a bad idea
7. Mendy had 11carries, 11 for fuck sake.
8. Rob Gronkowski is not Tony Gonzales
9. WHY THE FUCK WAS BRADY'S TD NOT REVIEWED
10. I have never hated a player more than I hate Beardy, when he spiked that ball, pissed beyond belief
11. First 3 picks in the draft next year better be oline, imagine what BB could do behind a great oline
12. Last night ruined my week, probably will not turn on the TV until Thursday
1. I don't know, I like Collinsworth (ducking under desk). I think he knows his stuff, observes things pretty well, is funny sometimes. You're certainly entitle to your opinion about him, but I don't get that you're mad that he praised Brady? C'mon man, Brady put on a fucking clinic. What was CC supposed to do? Praise how well the Steelers tackled 20 yards downfield?
2. Very true. We are very banged up all of a sudden, and haven't adjusted. Next week will tell us more definitively whether we can adapt to the lineup we can put on the field, or whether we're heading for 8-8.
3. I know what you mean here. Our defense is built to stuff the run. Hence, we play 3 NT on the front line. The problem with this is that if our blitzes don't work, there is no pass rush, because the linemen aren't really going to bring it. And our attempt to make the offense one-dimensional, our stated goal, results in making us one dimensional on defense, a run-stuffing team that can't cover shit.
4. Troy doesn't seem to have the burst or something. I don't know. This is one of the mysteries of this team. I figure Troy to be the kind of player who will get old in a hurry, since his playing style is about explosive acceleration. Hope it hasn't happened yet. If he's banged up, I'd rather they sit him for two weeks and let him get right for whatever stretch run we're going to have.
5. Wouldn't mind cutting Reed, but might as well keep ARE. In fact, and I don't usually go in for gadget plays, but I'd like to see ARE attempt a pass or two every game. Why the hell not?
6. We panicked early, offensively, I thought. Voluntarily became one-dimensional.
7. Mendy played a heroic game, I thought, considering each run play was a Chinese fire drill of block-whiffing. His long run took some Barry Sanders at the beginning just to get out of the damn backfield.
8. Well, he was plenty talented enough to shred us in the red zone.
9. More importantly, how did our vaunted run D allow a runway model to go all Jim Brown on us right up the poop shoot?
10. He does seem to enjoy beating us. What did we ever do to him? We seriously have never done anything to him.
11. There are lots of holes to fill with our picks next year. CB, for one. OT, for sure. Might need another WR or RB, too.