Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 02:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 09 - 11/8 @ Cincinnati  (Read 2944 times)
Robotman
Administrator
No longer a N00b!

« on: Aug 03, 2010 at 15:29 »

Send a few meat-missiles TO's way.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 13:31 »

Wow - 1st post in here and it's Monday.

We should kill these idiots, but you never know.  BA has been so horrible hopefully he's due to call a good game.  It might be better if he calls a mediocre game this week, which allows us to win, and he can call a miraculously lucid game next week vs the Patsies.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 13:48 »

I'm just surprised Otis hasn't commented on "meat missiles."

Buggles have been just horrid this year.  They get garbage time points to make the scores look closer than they are.  We should win this SOB going away, which means BA will find a way to keep it unnecessarily close.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 14:03 »

We should win this SOB going away, which means BA will find a way to keep it unnecessarily close.

Isn't that always the way? Win or lose, won't the game hang in the balance in the 4th quarter in 85% of Steelers games?

Plus, the curse of Barry. This MF who watches games with us, is the in-person jinx. He's like 0-7 in TN, but skipped the trip this year. Go figure. Last year, he was also in Chicago, helping to ruin my Steelers road trip game. He's in Cincy tonight. I've already told him that I'd rather do the time than ever let him attend a Steelers Superbowl.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 15:38 »

Traffic is really slowing on the site.

Page 1 five hours before a MNF game?  We gotta drum up interest, man.  Where are the boobies when you need 'em??

Like last week, this game has me uneasy, but not due to the quality level of the opponent.  On paper, Pittsburgh should smash these pussies.  Unfortunately, that kinda game almost never ends up playing out like you'd expect with this team.  As mentioned, all too often, these guys play down to "worse" teams.  Games that should be 24-3 at the half end up 13-3 or 16-3 or some shit.  The opposition thinks they have a chance and hangs around...one timely turnover later and they're driving for the game tying FG or TD.

The Steelers O should be able to get on track in this one.  If Ben, BA and the offense can't get in sync here, it doesn't bode well for the remainder.  Cincy's defense is pretty porous and is about as soft as they're gonna face.  No reason #7 can't have a 295YD/2 or 3TD day against them.  However, as shitty as Cincy has been, they can put points on the board and Pittsburgh's defense is vulnerable to the pass.  Couple that with the injuries along the DL, their recent inability to get to the opposing QB (since the bye -- 3 weeks -- think they've only got 3 or 4 sacks) and this game has a high~ish scoring feel to it.  24-20...27-24...something like that.

Key here is pressure on Carson Daly.  If their O-line gives him time, Pittsburgh will have issues.  Get to him early and get in a couple shots; make him have flashbacks.  Pittsburgh rolls if that happens.  I'm just not confident it will.  And frankly, how often do these intradivisional rivalry games turn into a blowout?  They're usually "unnecessarily close" as Mr. Wakeadamus mentioned.

Finally, as I mentioned in anudder thread, this is Pittsburgh's third road game in a row.  I really think there's something to be said for that fact.  Then, going into a hostile environment of a hated rival that just lost a game the week prior at home doesn't usually bode well for the visiting team, regardless of records.

Very.  Nervous.

Taking the (+6) points (was only +4.5 in my Handicapping Challenge league coupla days ago) to do my part in helping to secure a win.  Should be noted that I've been right more often than I've been wrong this season (66%~ish) tho.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 15:40 »

I think I predicted this to go 34-27.  General feel for it is that the Steelers will be chippy, given how we played the Bengals last year and a frustrating loss to NO last week.  Really can't find much to like statistically or aesthetically with how the Bengals have been playing.  So I think we open up a big early lead, then turtle up late and watch the Bengals flourish in the 4Q.

Scores by quarter going something like 14-0, 24-3, 31-10, 34-27.  

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 15:46 »

I think I predicted this to go 34-27.  General feel for it is that the Steelers will be chippy, given how we played the Bengals last year and a frustrating loss to NO last week.  Really can't find much to like statistically or aesthetically with how the Bengals have been playing.  So I think we open up a big early lead, then turtle up late and watch the Bengals flourish in the 4Q.

Scores by quarter going something like 14-0, 24-3, 31-10, 34-27.  

Yeah, was thinking of going with the over if I can get it in the 41.5, 42 range.  Figure, Pittsburgh's bound to get going offensively and at worst, Cincy will get theirs in garbage time against the prevent.

Translation:  Steelers win 13-6 in epic defensive battle.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 19:13 »

Game time men!  FUCKIN GAME TIME!

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 19:59 »

Like I said, we're going to strike early with... errrrr...  special teams and offense?

Good start, don't let up.  Kill the bastards.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 20:35 »

FUCK.

Kemo hurt.  Pouncey hurt.  Ward fumbles.  Gay can't cover Owens.

This here wine's turning to vinegar.

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: