Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 18, 2014 at 13:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 09 - 11/8 @ Cincinnati  (Read 2372 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 22:22 »

OK, two utter BS penalties: RTP against Casey and phantom PI on Ike.  Refs gave Cinci 7.

WE ALWAYS DO THIS.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 22:45 »

They keep doing this, I'm gonna need to start mainlining heroin just to calm the fuck down.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 22:59 »

I'll offer a theory on why the Bengals have this comeback potential.

They are a psychotic team, schizophrenic even.  When they're down, they're a disaster.  When they get it rolling, they become really hard to stop.  When you catch a bipolar on the upside, it's hard to keep 'em down.

(And I'm not trying to be insulting to anyone who has dealt with those issues in any way)

BTW, I'm tired of hearing these dingleberries go nuts over that Dline guy knocking out Troy on the TD.  He's a friggin' dlineman.  He oughta be embarrassed if he DIDN'T knock him out.   

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2010 at 23:31 »

They keep doing this, I'm gonna need to start mainlining heroin just to calm the fuck down.

Don't you fucking start with me.  Try this as your first game in decade without cigarettes.

The refs did their level best to keep cincy in the game but I guess their best just wasn't good enough.  And that's why the greatest love of all... goes to Rashard Mendenhall.

Arians finally is catching up with his film study.  This past week's assignment: Advanced Whisenhunt.  Next week:  Beginning Tom Moore.

We wish.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #24 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 08:05 »

Ok my worthless thoughts on the game.

1. Still need to take the handcuffs off Ben.  Too conservative late in the game, i.e. drive when Reed missed the 46 yarder
2. Mendenhall is a beast, period.
3. The refs just about gave them the game. Too many bs calls went against our boys
4. Harrison gets held almost every play, why is this not being called?
5. Thanks to the Bungles for not challenging the Ward TD.  Did not look like he was in
6. Was Ike on Chad the whole game? Why was he not on T.O.
7. B.A. needs to find a way to put teams away when we have the chance

A win is  a win, but man, hate that each win is taking years off my life. How about a few blowouts

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #25 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 08:10 »

For as much as the Steelers dominated that game it was absolutely shocking to see them have to break up a 4th down catch near the goal line to ensure a win.  Unfuckingbelievable.

Reed, ya hit a nice 53 yarder after their guy misses a 51 yarder and that looks like a dagger at the time.  Then you miss a 46 yarder to seal it late!?  That almost cost the game! WTFF!?

Hey preach, I'm beginning to think the Steelers are the schizoid team here, talk about a tale of two halves.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 08:16 »

I was hoping ARE's first reverse was going to set up something later, but with BA "behind the play sheet"  Nahhhh.  BANG.  He did it.  Although after ARE threw it, I was thinking that next week would have been a better time to whip that out.  Wallace needs to kill some time during ARE's reverse and throw.  With the amount of time it takes for that to develop, they will never get the ball deep enough for him.  Maybe they need to send Heat deep on that play instead.

I think In the past we put Ike on their #1 WR, no matter where he goes.  Not sure why Ike wasn't on TO last night, all the time.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #27 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 08:17 »

Granted, you take Kemo and Pouncey out and the offense is bound to sputter.  The defense is lights out and then they're giving up those 3rd and forevers again.  This is a frustrating team to watch.  On one play Troy puts a kill shot on a WR and later he's lost in the wash behind a running play.  Ben is underthrowing passes all over the field.  He's behind people, WRs are having to slow down.  He could have been picked 5 times.  Probably should have been pick a couple more than he was.

I think we're looking at a very lucky 6-2 team.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 08:21 »

It's always going to be tough when you're playing against an elite QB.

Ben was back to underthrowing the deep ball, but maybe everyone will underthrow #17. ARE did it too.

Chad was invisible, as always. Fun watching him cry.

Stuart Scott is unbearable. Fire up the Jug and finish him off, FFS.

Jeff Reed might as well start wearing the 3XL white jumpsuit, because the end is in sight.

I cringe every time the Whirling Dervish carries the ball.

Spaeth has actually made a couple of decent catches the last few weeks.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Nov 09, 2010 at 08:26 »

After lying awake most of the night trying to breathe deeply...

*This game was about who controlled the short field.  We did early, they did late.
*I'm less agitated today than last night.  The Bengals, at home, in a must-win game lose their season at the 5 yard line.  The Steelers, on their third consecutive road game, could have been content to fall a game back of the Ravens.  Instead, their schedule includes only two road games (Bills and Ravens), so the second half looks favorable.
*A lot of people seem to think losing Holmes really hurts us.  IMO, Mike Wallace is a superior WR to Holmes, but is under-utilized.  Why BA cannot get it into his head to fire the ball deep on 2nd-and-shorts, I will never know.  After one deep miss on an underthrow, my first thought was to run the same exact damned play again.  Wallace is improving his routes, awareness and hands, and BA ignores him.
*BA: fucking WR screens.  I hate you.
*I realize that Starks has been gimpy, Pouncey got hurt, and Kemo went out, but our OL was giving me bad flashbacks.  They really do suck when you come down to it, but they've been getting it done better than years past.  We still need more talent there, though.  Mendenhall had some late success running in spite of them.  
*The Bengals remember Willie Gay, and that's why he was targeted all through the 2H.  Gay is a CB who cannot turn and run with the WR, period.  Not a winning trait.  Can make some plays with the action in front of him, though he did have a sure INT skip off his hands.  Maybe he borrowed Ike's gloves?  IMO, CB is another area of absolute need for this team.  And I'd keep Gay as a backup safety.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: