Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 06:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 07 - 10/24 @ Miami  (Read 2211 times)
Robotman
Administrator
No longer a N00b!

« on: Aug 03, 2010 at 15:32 »

Time to squish the fish, right Hank?
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 13:35 »

This is not going to be a picnic, not by any means.  It's going to take a much better effort from the secondary to shut down BMarshall, and a stellar effort up front to shut down that run game. 

We've played very well on the road so far...here's to hoping it continues as Big Ben returns to his roots.  I think the Dolphins D is extremely vulnerable.

Any word on Keisel?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 15:09 »

I read that Keisel is out, but have not confirmed.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2010 at 15:15 »

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10292/1096440-100.stm
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 10:07 »

Of course Keisel will be missed, but the show must go on and I bet the defense misses nary a beat.  And what better way to get Mr. Harrison's mind off his recent woes than to get out there and hurt people?

I'm not convinced that the 'Phins are so tough.  They lost at home to NYJ and NE and won AT BUF, MIN and GB.  Go figure.  I say the stay winless at home.  Henne doesn't scare defenses, he's your typical game manager at best.  Sticky-Icky Williams and Brown are good backs but the Steelers can shut them down.  Marshall is a good WR but presents no more matchup problems than Boldin in B-more.

Give me the Steelers 27-17.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 11:32 »

Give me the Steelers 27-17.

Nice.  I'll take that.

Ideally, I hope the defense keeps them at 10 or less though so I'm hoping Pittsburgh breaks the 30 point barrier for the first time this year.  34-10?

I didn't know that the Fishees were winless at home.  Not good.  Figure they gotta break that 0-fer at some point.  Although, Pittsburgh's had a lot of success so far this year when gametime temp has been up there.  Think it's supposed to be in the mid 80s.

An interesting series note:  Pittsburgh hasn't lost to Miami in 12 years.

Henne has thrown a coupla 300+ yard games this year...both losses, btw.  One of them was against that "great" NY Jets defense.  The other was against New England's young squad.  The offense hasn't been too bad as they're just outside the top 10 in several categories (Total YDS, Pass YDS, Rush YDS), but they're near the bottom in the one that matters most, PPG.  Defensively, it's almost the same MO.  Oh, and FWIW, Marshall scares me more than Boldin.

I'd like to see Pittsburgh click a little better on offense with Ben being a little sharper.  Best thing for that is some PAPs on 1st and 2nd to give him favorable matchups.  Maybe even a designed rollout or two (when was the last time they actually called that?).  Plenty of Mendy sprinkled in between.  Be weary of Cameron Wake...dude has been a beast for the Fish.  Hope the O-line can continue to play well as a unit.

Defensively, it gets old sayin' it, but "do what you do."  Keep forcing turnovers (already have 15 which isn't too far off from their '09 total; 8 INTs(!)) and get in Henne's face.

Whatever you do, don't start believing what everyone's writing.  You guys suck.  It's a down year.  Etc., etc.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 14:27 »

Oh, and FWIW, Marshall scares me more than Boldin.

This is the concern.  I don't think anyone in the league can truly "cover" him.  I vote for playing the run, minimizing the full-scale blitzes, and confusing Henne (which can be done) with coverages.

Yeah, I'm sure Dick LeBeau is hanging on my every word.  :rolleyes:

Thought the offense really began to click in the second half vs. Clowns with those PAPs.  Keep running the ball and that becomes a seriously dangerous weapon.

Keep in mind that Dirty Sanchez threw it all over the place vs. the Dolphins D. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 14:33 »

How you solve Marshall:  tell James to put him to sleep for a while.

I smell a trap game, but we win 21-20.  Hate being the fave.  Hope to hell we slice and dice the Fins and have their raw flesh wrapped in seaweed with some sticky rice and wasabi on the side.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 10:53 »

I don't have a great feeling about this game, for some reason.

Henne is best, or 2nd best, 3rd down passer in league.  Steeler passing D isn't the best.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 11:28 »

It must be the national game today b/c it's on here!  Only the second game so far this season.  Hopefully the announcing crew won't suck arse.  Hold it, if it's the #1 does that mean Phil Simms?   angry4

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: