Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 03:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 06 - 10/17 - Cleveland  (Read 2399 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 14:57 »

Only got the radio feed today but it sounded pretty good.  Ben knocked off a little rust, couldn't have asked for a better opponent to come back against.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010 at 15:34 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 15:18 »

I caught the second half.  IMO Ben did what I expected.  Some balls sailed on him a bit, but overall a solid performance for being out a month.  McCoy might actually be something.  Imagine that.  A Browns 1st round QB that didnt suck dick.  I think Finny said he wasnt big on the kid.  But from what I saw he is just as capable as many starting QBs in the league. 

Feels good knowing Ben is back. 

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 15:36 »

Yeah, I think McCoy might be a player.  After watching him at Texas the last few years I thought the kid had a shot in the NFL if he can develop the arm for it.  In TX he mainly tossed short passes or scrambled around so it was hard to tell what he really had, but he did carry that team quite a bit.  Look how they suck this year w/out him.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pain

« Reply #23 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 15:51 »

JH was fuckin' people up left and right. I expect he will be fined 1 gazillion dollars in the next few days. Meh, oh well.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 19:40 »

Ben struggled with the intermediate throws.  I figure those are the hardest to get back.

JH was fuckin' people up left and right. I expect he will be fined 1 gazillion dollars in the next few days.

He shouldn't.  Hit on Cribbs was just one of those things on a running play.  And Massequoi was not helmet to helmet, despite announcer saying otherwise.  All shoulder and forearm, and dude came right at him with head down.  No other way to hit him.
Pain

« Reply #25 on: Oct 17, 2010 at 22:01 »

Ben struggled with the intermediate throws.  I figure those are the hardest to get back.

JH was fuckin' people up left and right. I expect he will be fined 1 gazillion dollars in the next few days.

He shouldn't.  Hit on Cribbs was just one of those things on a running play.  And Massequoi was not helmet to helmet, despite announcer saying otherwise.  All shoulder and forearm, and dude came right at him with head down.  No other way to hit him.

You are probably right, they weren't defenseless receivers, in the traditional interpretation. But, it wouldn't surprise me if the league levied some fines under some bullshit interpretation.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2010 at 22:05 by Pain » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: