Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 21:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 04 - 10/3 - Baltimore  (Read 5942 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #90 on: Oct 05, 2010 at 17:53 »

I will say that Bryant has played a lot better than Sanstonio the past four games.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #91 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 08:33 »

Nice analysis on how Cam Cameron baited McFad on the GW pass.  Notice where 43 is on that throw, BTW.  If LeBeau has Pola roaming the secondary instead of getting washed out on the blitz, do we win?  And how often does Pola blitzing really make sense? 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #92 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 08:49 »

If LeBeau has Pola roaming the secondary instead of getting washed out on the blitz, do we win?  And how often does Pola blitzing really make sense? 

This. Not trying to nitpick about a HOF defensive coordinator, but Troy needs to be playing centerfield and ballhawking in that situation.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #93 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 09:30 »

If LeBeau has Pola roaming the secondary instead of getting washed out on the blitz, do we win?  And how often does Pola blitzing really make sense? 

This. Not trying to nitpick about a HOF defensive coordinator, but Troy needs to be playing centerfield and ballhawking in that situation.

I've said before that I don't like 43 in the blitzer role, because the result is usually the same.  He's best when attacking from our side of the LOS.  Even the rush blitz, half the time Pola knifes through he misses the tackle because the RB cuts past the Hair Missile. 

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #94 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 10:26 »

I've said before that I don't like 43 in the blitzer role, because the result is usually the same.  He's best when attacking from our side of the LOS.  Even the rush blitz, half the time Pola knifes through he misses the tackle because the RB cuts past the Hair Missile.

Agreed.  He made one stud play against the run on the blitz Sunday if IIRC, and never should have been sent on the last play.  You can use him on the blitz on occasion, but it should be rare and carefully timed and NEVER when we are trying to stop a game-winning drive.

Unless, of course, we're anticipating a QB sneak.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #95 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 13:06 »

I'm'a have to agree to disagree. I love 43 on the run blitzes; when he doesn't make the play, he forces the back to cut way before the play develops and usually snacks or one of the backers is there to sit on it.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #96 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 16:21 »

and usually snacks is there to sit on it.

*shudders*

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #97 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 17:20 »

When you trade a SB MVP for a 5th round pick that we then traded for McFadden...yeah, Imma judge his ass.
Holmes for McFadden.  Bad tradeoff.

Thanks for not mentioning the multiple drug dings. 

Next time, Smoketonio gets a year vacation.  That doesn't factor?

Nope.  Could have drafted a damn CB to fill the McFadden shoes.  Ben got 4 games.  So did Holmes.  Wheres the difference?  Hell if we are all about getting rid of the "trash", then why did we stop at one?  Cause the Steelers are hypocritical.  Just like all of us.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #98 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 17:24 »

When you trade a SB MVP for a 5th round pick that we then traded for McFadden...yeah, Imma judge his ass.

Nope.  Could have drafted a damn CB to fill the McFadden shoes.  Ben got 4 games.  So did Holmes.  Wheres the difference?  Hell if we are all about getting rid of the "trash", then why did we stop at one?  Cause the Steelers are hypocritical.  Just like all of us.

The damned difference is that Santonio's done this TWICE and next time he's out for a YEAR.

That's a major potential liability.

P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #99 on: Oct 06, 2010 at 19:43 »

The damned difference is that Santonio's done this TWICE and next time he's out for a YEAR.

That's a major potential liability.

Isn't this Ben's second time too?  Come on ya bastard!  You're a head on a pillow.  Surely that brain of yours remembers that little factoid.

Let the hypocrisy fly!

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: