Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 10:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 02 - 9/19 @ Tennessee  (Read 5006 times)
Robotman
Administrator
No longer a N00b!

« on: Aug 03, 2010 at 15:40 »

Careful in Nashville or Jeff Fisher will sue your arse!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 12:19 »

I've heard a number of people gushing over the Titans' opening win over the Raiders, but I had an eye on that game and the stats confirm what I thought I saw.

The Titans gave up 135 yards on 25 carries.  That's 5.4 per.

There's a reason they're trying to Haynesworth back.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 12:30 »

Vince Young did have the best passer rating of the week.

And we seem to crap it in Tenn.  Not sure why.

A win here would be killer.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 12:31 »

I wasn't aware of that ypc, yikes!  Mendy should have a nice game next week.  And wouldn't it be nice to shut down Chris "I'm the best RB in the league" Johnson?  

Man, a road win there would really put these guys ahead of schedule.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 13:25 »

In pure yardage, not adjusted for strength of schedule etc.:

Pitt allowed 295 yards v. Atlanta; Tenn. allowed 286 yards v. Denver.  (2009 Offensive DVOA: Atlanta was 14th, Denver 18th, so consider these yardage totals roughly comparable.)

Pitt allowed 237 yards passing, 5.7 YPA, long of 23 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks, 67.6 passer rating; Tenn allowed 151 yards passing, 4.8 YPA, long of 27, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks, 70.2 passer rating.

Pitt allowed 58 yards rushing, 2.3 YPC, long of 7, 0 TD, 0 FUM; Tenn allowed 135 yards rushing, 5.4 YPC, long of 16, 0 TD, 0 FUM.

Pitt allowed 37.5% on 3rd down; Tenn. allowed 21.4%. 

Pitt had 3 penalties for 24 yards; Tenn. had 10 for 77.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 13:48 »

And, make me eat my 8-8 prediction by Week #2.

:Championship:

Let's see if they can go down there and smack some Tits around.  Y2J told me on Sunday that he saw Ben hopping an early flight to Nashville to get a jump on the opposition.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 13:58 »

And, make me eat my 8-8 prediction by Week #2.

:Championship:

Let's see if they can go down there and smack some Tits around.  Y2J told me on Sunday that he saw Ben hopping an early flight to Nashville to get a jump on the opposition.

Due to the ban, Ben's donning a clever disguise...

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 10:15 »

It would be nice if, for once, we could go down to Nashville and play like the Pittsburgh Steelers.  It has only happened a few times, but this would be the week for it to happen again.

It's tough to gauge just how good TN is based on last week's game because Oakland still blows.  It's also pretty tough to gauge how good we are, but I felt pretty good about our performance against a solid opponent.  Chris Johnson is a stud, but we ain't the Raidas.  If Snack is out, it makes the job that much harder but we've dealt with that loss before.  Hoke played adequately against a good offensive line.

I still believe that Vince Young = Krodell Seward.  Good as long as the run game is working, has some great moments, but can be rattled.  And we are certainly a defense that is capable of rattling him.

STs are still a key.  The Titans are one of those teams that seem to thrive on a runback, pick 6, etc. to get their wins.  DD only threw one last week, but I don't think he can afford to do that again this week.

The vaunted "eye test" tells me that Dixon is going to improve, and I have to believe that he will begin to look better in his third start.  The Titans are certainly not the defense that they once were, and that gives DD a chance to make some things happen.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 10:49 »

Vince Young had the week's best passer rating (142.Cool.  Seems that number needs some correction toward his career average 73.4.  Definitely need to stack the run and let Vince try to beat us.  Without Snack, Hokie will play, but we also saw a good bit of Zigs and Eason.  That may go towards confusing their line play, hopefully.  I was pretty pleased with how those three played against a pretty decent Atlanta line.

Would like to see Manny Sanders get some snaps, and let ARE sit a bit.  ARE won't muff any returns, so he's good for that, but. 

Esoterica: Titans had 17 first downs to Oakland's 21; of those, 10 were rushing, 6 passing, 1 penalty.  Yes, you make Vince convert those thirds.  Vince's rating was plummy, but he had all of 154 yards passing.  That represents a dip of 3 yards per game from VY's astounding 2009 average of 157 per game.  2009 saw Ben get sacked 50 times, league-leading and tied with Aaron Rodgers.  Meanwhile, Vince got sacked 9 times and Kerry 6.  That's not an anomaly, that's the standard of late for the TTs, stout in pass pro, and can obviously spring holes for the speedy CJ.  Despite that protection, VY's completion percentage for 2009 was 58.7%, although he notched 76.5% against Oakland.  For Dixon, the completion percentage was 69.2% against the Falcons, 46.2% versus the Ravens. 

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2010 at 12:19 »

Esoterica

Careful, Finny.  You never know what Otis might think that means.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: