Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 15:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 02 - 9/19 @ Tennessee  (Read 4951 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 17:00 »

Face the 2-0 Bucs (!) next week. 

Fer rizzle.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 17:11 »

Remember this game folks....historically great defense.  Heck, there was a series where our two starting ILBs were out.  Hoke was dinged up at one point.  Just ridiculously great D.

Irked the heck out of me when some Steelers fans got pissed at the D for allowing a TD.  The D was gassed as they were only off the field for 4 plays and then back on for much of the game.

ARE and Wallace could have gotten to two of Batch's passes.  If Batch starts next week, so be it.  I expected the D to have to carry this team until Roethlisberger returned so if they can come through one more week and we go at least 3-1, I'm ecstatic.

Watched the game at the Baltimore Steelers fan bar and it was f'in packed.  Will head there next week to catch the TB game...screw the Ravens.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 19:16 »

Irked the heck out of me when some Steelers fans got pissed at the D for allowing a TD.  The D was gassed as they were only off the field for 4 plays and then back on for much of the game.

That's crazy.  I was thinking that the Steelers perhaps should have used a TO at one point late in that drive, just to get their crap together and breath for a few minutes.  Didn't seem that we could quite get the right personnel on the field and get ready.

Still, those guys went 119:03 without giving up 6.  I'd say that's fairly decent. 

One comment/one question:

1.  I thought the design and execution of the onside kick was pretty awesome by the Tits.

2.  Isn't there a 10 second runoff if you commit a penalty on offense in the last two minutes? 

Best part of the day was the guys at the Stiller bar yelling, "Romo Homo" after the cowgirls lost

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 19:28 »

Best part of the day was the guys at the Stiller bar yelling, "Romo Homo" after the cowgirls lost

Still drinking with the brother-in-law, eh?
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #54 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 19:32 »

Still drinking with the brother-in-law, eh?

Had the day off today.  One must take advantage of the free time when one can. 

I have to admit, I enjoy the Steeler fans at the place.  But the food stinks, the beer is overpriced, and the service is slow.  Outside of that, it's great.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #55 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 19:44 »

10 sec runoff only when the clock is running. The play before was an incompletion.

I seriously cannot remember a more dominating Steelers Defense than the one I saw today. Simply unreal.  Timmons has really developed into a probowl worthy LB. 

Best play of the game...when VY got planted.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #56 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 19:45 »

Anyone know where I can view Tomlins press conference after the game?

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 20:01 »

Just a hell of game by the D; and the makeshift OL did as well as could be expected too, all things considered.

Agree with the comments on play calling in this thread.  Apparently there isn't a single play-action pass in the playbook.  Arians sucks stones.

The chickens-woodleys tilt is a half point game right now. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 20:33 »

At one point Arians was walking along the side line and Tomlin was keeping pace w him.  Looked like he was jawing at Arians.  At least I hope so.

Arians made up for his remarkably innovative play calling last week.  Ass-wipe.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 20:54 »

The D was A-MAZING today!  And yes, we dropped several passes that should've been caught. 
But honestly, the play of the day was Troy's flying leap over the entire Titans line to sack Kerry Collins.
UN-believable!!  The place went nuts when he did that - given that Steelers fans outnumbered Titans fans by that point...
 clap

It was so friggin hot I thought I was gonna have heat stroke, so I can only imagine how the D felt, being out there most of the game.
But hat's off to them.  They were outstanding.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: