Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 16, 2014 at 12:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason Game #3 - 8/29 @ Denver  (Read 4278 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #30 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 08:49 »

I'd like to see what Dwyer can do at the goal line

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 08:55 »

I think Redman's making the team for sure, BV.  He's had a year of strength and conditioning, and he can bull the tough yardage better than anyone.

All the young guys I wanted to see except Pouncey were a bucket of bloody stool.

Hozell Adams is living up to all my worst expectations.  As the wily fuckin' vet he should be looking more settled.  Hard to believe but he may actually get us more FSs than Colon.  Hope someone among the young guys can push him for starting time.  He's about worthless.

Solution to the week 1-4 QB dilemma: blackface, and chloroform BL.  Upside: BL's chance of signing a hefty FA contract goes thru the roof.

It is preseason and all, but that was dag nasty.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 09:51 »

Agree with the "dag nasty" & "bloody stool" comments Mr. Wake, but I'm unclear what you mean by your solution to week 1-4 QB dilemma.  You thinkin' BFL?

I'm inclined to go the other way on this.  It's just a little tough (for me, anyway) to hand the "QB controversy winner" trophy of last night's game to the guy that went 0'fer the night against Denver's second teamers.  Long story short: this pre-season with the starters Leftwich went 9 for 16, & Dixon went 9 for 16.  With the scrubs, Leftwich was 0 for 4, & DD 13 for 15.  Leftwich had 1 TD & no picks total, while Dixon had 1 & 2.  Their overall QB rating is within 1 point of each other.

The two INT's were painful, but that's fairly common with young pups.  I'd like to think he'll learn from 'em.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 10:07 »

Agree with the "dag nasty" & "bloody stool" comments Mr. Wake, but I'm unclear what you mean by your solution to week 1-4 QB dilemma.  You thinkin' BFL?

Slap some blackface on Ben, dress him in BFL's uni, and let BFL sleep off the chloroform in the locker room.  No post-game interviews, "Byron."

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 10:13 »

Tomlin going after Keenan Lewis = priceless.  That may be the singularly most pissed off I've ever seen the guy.  Kinda glad for that, too.

Dwyer still looks like a cut to me, despite a decent late effort: too little too late in the pre, dude.

Also, nice pick almost-6 from Crez Butler.  Off that, I'm inclined to keep him on the 53-MR.  I mean, a corner who can play corner (cf. ST-er Madison) and who can hold onto the ball (cf. Ike).  Sheesh, what next, William Gay starts to flourish as a nickel back?

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 11:33 »

As a general response to KC, I thought Lefty had horrible protection last night.  Worse than what Ben and Dixon had. 

I guess the advantage for Dixon is that he can move when the line inevitably breaks down.  I'm pretty concerned about Dixon's judgment, though that is more likely to improve than Lefty's mobility.

Both sucked.

I turned the game off before Batch came in but I'm with Penso...Dwyer was awful through most of the game.  The long run I saw in the 3rd (?) quarter of about 15-20 yards had Dwyer avoiding contact and slipping/falling out of bounds...WTF?

Re: ability at the goal-line, as we saw last night, any short yardage is handled in the most obscure, least likely to succeed way.  Slow QB sneak or a pass in to the flats.  We have no short yardage game.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 11:37 »

Dulac saying Lewis could be on his way out.  That would be a message to send but likely won't.

Guy is an idiot for punching/breaking a glass case last night, which would irk me the most.  The other stuff is coachable.  That is just stupid.

Didn't get to see Butler.  I doubt he makes the team but glad to see some rooks showing this preseason. 

Was it Brown last night who caught a punt inside the 3 yard line?  Lotsa dumb out there last night.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 12:17 »

Was it Brown last night who caught a punt inside the 3 yard line?  Lotsa dumb out there last night.

Seemed like Brown was trying too hard to break something.  Sometimes young guys respond to competition by trying to do too much, which I think was the case not only with Brown but with Dixon also.  Was the second pick on him or Sanders?  Aikman was quick to blame the receiver but it was hard to tell with the nekked eye.

Logan just fair caught everything, as if to say, "Look at me!  I'm a vet! Keep me on the team!  You know you need someone to hold kickoffs!"

A shabby Charlie Brown.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 12:18 »

Dulac saying Lewis could be on his way out.  That would be a message to send but likely won't.

Guy is an idiot for punching/breaking a glass case last night, which would irk me the most.  The other stuff is coachable.  That is just stupid.

He needs to be looking at Tomlin when he is getting "taught" on the sideline. That's something a kid would do (and if it was mine, there probably be some hitting going on shortly after that). Either the camera angle was funky, he's got two lazy eyes (which may explain why he couldn't cover my grandma with a blanket), or he's just plain disrespectful.

Yeah I think so. The worst part is that he's all we really have that is worth the price of the uniform to do that job.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 12:22 »

Dulac saying Lewis could be on his way out.  That would be a message to send but likely won't.

Guy is an idiot for punching/breaking a glass case last night, which would irk me the most.  The other stuff is coachable.  That is just stupid.

He needs to be looking at Tomlin when he is getting "taught" on the sideline. That's something a kid would do (and if it was mine, there probably be some hitting going on shortly after that). Either the camera angle was funky, he's got two lazy eyes (which may explain why he couldn't cover my grandma with a blanket), or he's just plain disrespectful.

I saw that too.  I think it was right after the "little bit extra" pf he got.  Not surprised he was disgusted with it.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: