Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 07:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason Game #2 - 8/21 @ NYG  (Read 2465 times)
Robotman
Administrator
No longer a N00b!

« on: Aug 03, 2010 at 15:47 »

Big Blue feat. Dumbface.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2010 at 12:11 »

It'll be live on the NFLN!

BAM!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2010 at 04:37 »

Word is that Dumb Face's widdle head is ouchied.  Might not play against us. Too bad.  I'd love to see us bruise him up in the first two series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsLLV0m2C4TO04MpZ3Fm7Y5DubYF?slug=ap-giants-manning

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2010 at 07:05 »

Points to The Toe for taking a shot and sporting the blood like a man.

He's a little less of a puss for it.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
TwistedLemon

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2010 at 18:19 »

Taylor ejected for throwing blows.....less than 2 minutes into a preseason game.  GENIUS

"My reality check bounced"
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2010 at 08:01 »

Wrote up something good and the computer ate it....

Synopsis:

Ben is a douche but a great QB.  Hurry back Ben

Lefty ran a poor O with 50 seconds left in the 1st half.  Maybe it was Arians fault too but a pass plan on 2nd down, use last TO and a MelMoore run for no gain on 3rd was brutal.  Lefty redeemed himself with the pass to Wallace, who seems to always come back to Ben's deep throws.

Dixon needs to get on the field somehow, some way during the regular season.  He made something outta nothin' on a run play that looked like it was planned to go to the Tank.

It's only a matter of weeks for Pouncey.  I think he has the starter's job by Week 1.

Worilds didn't show me much last night, though I appreciated he dropped in to coverage more fluidly than I expected.

All corners were brutal...BMac especially. Lewis had a moment or two last night but there wasn't much to cheer for with the CBs.

STs coverage looked good.  After a nice first KO (brought back by a penalty), Sep didn't look great from the KOs I saw...though I may have missed one or two.

Despite being a preaseaon game, Ike is an idiot.  That's a young group that needs leadership.  Farrior nor Aaron Smith would be that type of role model.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2010 at 10:07 »

Dixon needs to get on the field somehow, some way during the regular season.  He made something outta nothin' on a run play that looked like it was planned to go to the Tank.

It's only a matter of weeks for Pouncey.  I think he has the starter's job by Week 1.

Very impressed with Pouncey.  Think I heard that his future (probably starting) position depends on Flozell.  Does he suck so much that we need Pouncey more there.  From what I saw last night, yes.

DD looked awesome.  Very impressed with his poise and awareness.  Gary Coleman may have a battle on his hands.

And yes, hurry back Ben.

Danny - I did like most of his kick-offs, at least as much as I ever did Skippy's.  Plus he can lay somebody out when coverage is not so good.  Very unlike Skippy...

I'm still the one with the boobs.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2010 at 11:11 »

Someone needs to tell Ben that drunk chicks dig the long ball. Club up, FFS. He does so many things well, I guess I can't fault him too much. Once, when he scrambled to his left, I was thinking he might have been taken down in that same situation last year. Maybe not, but I'm glad he's dropped some beer fat.

Someone on here said that BFL's windup seems even slower. I think they may be right. His scramble was amusing to watch. He almost blew out an ankle just getting up quick. Nice long ball, though.

Robopunter only got one to the EZ, that I saw. Not any better than drunk Jeff, except he can actually tackle. I'd use him just for that. With Reed & Logan on kickoffs last year, it was 9 against 11 every time.

Looks like it will be another season of 15 yards to move the chains and only 2 downs to use to get there.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2010 at 12:05 »

Looks like it will be another season of 15 yards to move the chains and only 2 downs to use to get there.

This.  At least until Ben gets back.

Heath royally sucked blocking Tuck on the ARE reverse (or was it an end-around?).  I guess Heath figured that Tuck would come from the outside.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2010 at 22:01 »

Not a lot else to say... Ben's biggest weakness is deep ball, and doesn't seem to have improved.  I think it's partly a function of him holding the ball so long.  WRs get too deep before he decides to throw it, plus just doesn't have that zip.  BFL, on the other hand...that was a friggin rocket, and dead on the money.

Despite said TD, Dixon looked better overall IMO.  Plus with our pass protection got to have some mobility back there.

Glad to see refs are in midseason form.  saw about 4-5 calls/no calls go against us.  Flozell doesn't get that holding call if he's blocking Harrison apparently, because we see that every week go unnoticed.  Robo gets his jersey ripped off and still makes tackle.  Two bogus calls in EZ against the rising superstar WR for Giants (*eye roll*)

Like what I'm seeing in the WR group. 

Mendenhall's career may be good, but I'm afraid it will be relatively short.  Never seems to avoid a hit.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: