Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 19:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jim Haslett now works for the redskins.  (Read 502 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Aug 10, 2010 at 02:38 »

And here's a piece of fluffery to read about him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=5450534

Washington's linebackers are as good, if not better than, the unit that Haslett fielded in Pittsburgh from 1997 to 1999, when he was the Steelers' defensive coordinator. His linebackers were Jason Gildon, Levon Kirkland, Earl Holmes and Greg Lloyd.

There's just nothing I can say.  I got nothing.  I never heard anyone say anything dumber.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2010 at 07:04 »

And here's a piece of fluffery to read about him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=5450534

Washington's linebackers are as good, if not better than, the unit that Haslett fielded in Pittsburgh from 1997 to 1999, when he was the Steelers' defensive coordinator. His linebackers were Jason Gildon, Levon Kirkland, Earl Holmes and Greg Lloyd.

There's just nothing I can say.  I got nothing.  I never heard anyone say anything dumber.

I was going to trash Haslett for his bit of douchery  with throwing the Steelers under the bus for steroids in the 70s, but that quote may be the singularly most idiotic thing Schefter has ever burped up.

Washington can line up outside linebackers Brian Orakpo and Andre Carter, and inside linebackers Rocky McIntosh and London Fletcher. Few teams can match this type of potential and production at linebacker.

Not one of those guys could crack the PS LB lineup, sorry.  Carter and Fletcher are clearly on the downside (31 and 35 yo, resp.).  McIntosh has never been more than JAG.  Orapko has some decent potential, but he hasn't proven to be any better than Gildon or Lloyd as yet.  So basically, you have the potential for Orapko to be mentioned in the same breath as Gildon and Lloyd, and a big bloody pile of bullshit otherwise.

Orapko couldn't beat out Harrison or Woodley, for that matter.  The PS LB of '10 are a far superior unit, even with Farrior's age. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2010 at 10:13 »

Shefter is an uber tool.  That's the nicest thing I can say about the guy.  And Hasbeen er -lett has been utterly forgotten soon as he's left every coaching stop.  I can barely remember his tenure as Steeler DC and do you think anyone in Nawlins remembers his name as more than a couple of syllables useful in loosening phlegm (you have to stress the "H").
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2010 at 10:36 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2010 at 12:22 »

Keep in mind that Schefter is the guy that "broke" the story that Brett Favre was officially retiring again...but not really because he was just thinking about retiring but might be playing if his ankle feels better because he really doesn't want to go to camp on a bad ankle.

Just the facts, Adam.  Just the facts.  If you can't find any, make 'em up.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: