Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 12:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's see Dixon with the first team next game  (Read 857 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 11:18 »

Seriously though, I think that Dixon should be playing with the ones to at least see what he can do. He's played well with every opportunity that he's been given and I think he should be rewarded for that by being given a fair shake.

Yeah i completely agree with you there. if you drafted the guy to be a backup, and he's going into year 3 and you still aren't comfortable giving him the backup duties then why the hell is he on the team.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 18:35 »

According to Florio, the Steelers are afraid that Dixon will be better than Ben. Gem of an article I say:

All that said, we've got a feeling that the Steelers don't want Dixon to play because they don't want him to improve and they don't want to have to put him on the bench once Roethlisberger is cleared to return and they don't want to have to listen to Dixon's agent complain that the one-time Heisman candidate could be the best option to help the Steelers win, even with Roethlisberger on the depth chart.

and also:

So if Roethlisberger doesn't play well in the last 12 games of the 2010 season, don't be shocked if Big Ben gets the bum's rush, just like the Eagles did when they realized that, if they didn't find a way to elevate Kevin Kolb, they'd risk losing their chance at ensuring quality quarterback play deep into the current decade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/15/dennis-dixon-deserves-some-first-team-preseason-snaps/

And there are folks out there that take Florio seriously? 

Jeebus, that's the stupidest thing I've read in a while.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: