Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 19:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that DIDN'T suck about the game last night  (Read 504 times)
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Aug 30, 2010 at 12:11 »

Good News
Timmons seemed like he was everywhere
Pouncey seemed to be just fine against one of the top nose tackles (or at least someone who was one of the top nose tackles) in the league.

OK
Wide receiver play from the beginning to end wasn't bad, but was pretty inconsistent. It may have more to do with the QB play though.

Sucked

Playcall on 4th and 1 was awful. It's preseason, try to give the offense some confidence that they can get the yard when they need to. Give them the practice now. Save the cute stuff (and trying to out think the other side) for when it matters.

Lewis looked lost out there.

QB play outside of BR was bad and even Ben wasn't great.

Line to either side of Pouncey was bad, but it was the tackles more so than the guards.

The defensive alignment that has Fox (or any of our other LBs) covering the number 1 receiver of the opposing team (Eddie Royal) should be burned never to be used again. Fox really did a pretty good job of keeping it to a minimal gain, but that play will work 100% of the time for the opposition.

Kickoffs Suck.

Punts Sucked (to be fair, they only looked like they sucked because of the way Colquitt was hitting them).

The best defender on either the kickoff or punt team is the one who put foot to ball (only when Sepulveda kicks-off). That's abysmal. He saved another TD yesterday even if he didn't make the tackle.

Returns Sucked (again, to be fair, the kicks made by Denver were awesome), but to catch the ball on the 3 on a punt is inexcusable and if I see any more stutterstepping for no yards while the masses come crashing down, I am going to pull out my hair.

...I'm sure there was more, but that's all I can come up with now.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 12:31 »

Mendenhall and Redman should be pretty good.  MeMo was decent.  That's why I don't really care much about whether Dwyer's done enough to save his arse, we have a solid three-deep.

Silverback will mess a motherfucker up.  If you are stupid enough to be a scrawny QB who wants to try to stop Deebo from returning it to the house -- in a preseason game -- Deebo gonna lower the boom.  

Tomlin needs a prosthetic foot, cuz his broke off up Keenan Lewis's ass.  
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010 at 16:46 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 12:33 »

Oh yeah...Disipline all across the board sucked too. 4 personal fouls in the first half is unbelievable. Some of the calls I didn't agree with, but Jesus...give it a rest and play the game. IMO, we are just not good enough to make up for these stupid penalties this year. I think that we will more than likely lose any game where we are penalized 11 times for 93 yards.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 12:41 »

Mendenhall and Redman should be pretty good.  MeMo was decent.  That's why I don't really care much about whether Dwyer's done enough to save his arse, we have a solid three-deep.

I do like Redman and how he has played all preseason. I guess it is a plus that none of the RBs fumbled this game, but when that is the measuring stick, it has me a little worried.

Silverback with mess a motherfucker up.  If you are stupid enough to be a scrawny QB who wants to try to stop Deebo from returning it to the house -- in a preseason game -- Deebo gonna lower the boom. 

I will give you Silverback and even Woodley (he blew up one play where he summoned some superhuman strength and just pushed a blocker back on a sweep to the right), but even they were oddly quiet last night. I am not worried about either of them though. And as far as the play of Harrison, I think the refs made the correct call, but I also think they made the correct call to let it play out before blowing the play dead (in case of a challenge). The only one on the play that didn't make the correct call was Orton. I can't believe they let him come back in after that. Someone needs to tell him that it is only preseason and there is no need to try to tackle a guy like Harrison even if he is about to score a TD let alone in all the traffic that he was in. Chances are he wasn't going much further than that anyway.

BTW...Farrior is a man. Did he really go head to helmet with an offensive lineman and just end up with a cut. I have to believe that if it was a regular season game, he would have been stitched and bandaged in the locker room and back on the field.

Too bad that Lewis wasn't even paying attention (at least it looked that way from the TV coverage).

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 16:37 »

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2010 at 08:03 »

If I was Tomlin, I would have yanked that helmet off his dumb-@ss and gone Bobby Knight on him.  Not becasue of the PF, because he was rolling his eyes and acting like a 12 year old.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2010 at 08:43 »

If I was Tomlin, I would have yanked that helmet off his dumb-@ss and gone Bobby Knight on him.  Not becasue of the PF, because he was rolling his eyes and acting like a 12 year old.

Yeah, that pissed me off. Look me in the eye whenI'm chewing your ass out. I was getting flashbacks of Anthoy Smith rolling his eyes when Dick LeBeau was chewing his ass out for laying Hines out with a blindside shot in practice.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: