Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 20, 2014 at 21:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steeler Week 1  (Read 2474 times)
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 20:49 »

we get the great choice of the Bungles vs. the Pats and the Panthers at the Giants, woo hoo! 

Don't that just make you wanna find a rifle & a bell tower.  I'd watch Fox.

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 22:11 »

4. Grab a smoke, under a tree.

You can't go in with all your guns blazing.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 22:38 »

1) Concessions
2) Chain Gang -- on the field during your child's game...
3) Announcer/Timekeeper during games

I had same options, plus couple others.  Screw concessions - not much point in going to kid's game if you can't watch it.  I'm on chain gang.

First game tomorrow for middle school.  My kid's the kicker - only position Mom is OK with, plus really all he wants to do at this point.  He's solid on PATs, can hit 30+ yd FG when he's on - not bad for 7th grade.

Grooming the next Jeff Reed - minus the alcohol hopefully.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #23 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 08:04 »

1) Concessions

I had same options, plus couple others.  Screw concessions - not much point in going to kid's game if you can't watch it.  I'm on chain gang.

First game tomorrow for middle school.  My kid's the kicker - only position Mom is OK with, plus really all he wants to do at this point.  He's solid on PATs, can hit 30+ yd FG when he's on - not bad for 7th grade.

30+ at 7th grade is damn good by my recollection.  Seems like 30+ for most HS players is iffy.

I guess you could start the aversion therapy now with a twelver of Schlitz.  You may have to force the last 7 or 8 down him though.  A few whacks to the head from a hand-towel dispenser should do the trick!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 08:20 »

I blame you BV.

Motherfucker!

The kid's schedule came out today. Opening game is Sunday at 12:30pm. I told him if we have to miss the game, he damn well better take one to the house.

That's what I'm talkin about - misery loves company.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 08:25 »

1) Concessions

30+ at 7th grade is damn good by my recollection.  Seems like 30+ for most HS players is iffy.

I guess you could start the aversion therapy now with a twelver of Schlitz.  You may have to force the last 7 or 8 down him though.  A few whacks to the head from a hand-towel dispenser should do the trick!

Jonzr in rare form - twelver of Schlitz for aversion therapy.  LMAO.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 17:22 »

Well, what's the point of not including the alcohol?  He'll turn to it eventually, since he's only gonna get the chicks on that every once in a while he nails one for the win as time runs out.

By some friggin' miracle, we're actually getting the Steelers game.  I have no idea how that happened. I must've been good lately.

Nah.  That ain't it.
 wacko
 eck02

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 19:21 »

1) Concessions

I had same options, plus couple others.  Screw concessions - not much point in going to kid's game if you can't watch it.  I'm on chain gang.

First game tomorrow for middle school.  My kid's the kicker - only position Mom is OK with, plus really all he wants to do at this point.  He's solid on PATs, can hit 30+ yd FG when he's on - not bad for 7th grade.

Jonzr in rare form - twelver of Schlitz for aversion therapy.  LMAO.

Problem is, he finds better beer.  Then it's off to the races, kid in a candy store, crooked Bill in a limo full of sluts, Finny amongst the NyQuiltinis, Rex Ryan in the expletive factory, etc.

Then he finds Scotch.

Then, ya know, it's all over.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 20:30 »

Problem is, he finds better beer.  Then it's off to the races, kid in a candy store, crooked Bill in a limo full of sluts, Finny amongst the NyQuiltinis, Rex Ryan in the expletive factory, etc.

Then he finds Scotch.

Thanks guys, guess I'll go ahead and sign him up for rehab now.

Pretty good for first game.  1/1 on PATs, a no doubter.  No FG attempts, 2 respectable kickoffs.  Subbed for punter in 2nd half, 30 yards.

Only down side was he has definitely picked up the Jeff Reed kickoff coverage technique.  One started coming back at him and he bailed.  Fortunately someone else caught the dude.  Then again, can't blame him since I think some of those kids were old enough to shave.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #29 on: Sep 10, 2010 at 08:55 »

we get the great choice of the Bungles vs. the Pats and the Panthers at the Giants, woo hoo! 

Don't that just make you wanna find a rifle & a bell tower.  I'd watch Fox.

clap

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: