Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 20, 2014 at 03:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: What will be the Steelers' W-L total?
5-11 - 0 (0%)
6-10 - 0 (0%)
7-9 - 0 (0%)
8-8 - 1 (3.6%)
9-7 - 1 (3.6%)
10-6 - 14 (50%)
11-5 - 7 (25%)
12-4 - 5 (17.9%)
13-3 - 0 (0%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Predict the Steelers' 2010 regular season record  (Read 1872 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 07, 2010 at 15:57 »

If you want, you can break down game-by-game and throw in post-season predictions, if you want.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 16:03 »

I wanted to click 11-5 but couldn't do it.  Hopefully 10-6 will be enough (with a tie-breaker) to take the division.  Then watch out, the team should be in playoff form by then.  Besides, Petey King has 'em winning the Super Bowl.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
koehla
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 19:20 »

If you want, you can break down game-by-game and throw in post-season predictions, if you want.

Steelers fans -- Here is your 12-4 division-winning 2010 schedule.

ATL - Win
@TEN - Win
@TB - Win
BAL - Lose
CLE - Win
@MIA - Win
@NO - Lose
@CIN - Lose
NE - Win
OAK - Win
@BUF - Win
@BAL - Win
CIN - Win
NYJ - Lose
CAR - Win
@CLE - Win
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 19:48 »

11-5. Either wildcard or division winner depending on the tiebreaker (I think the Ravens go 11-5 too.)

2-2 with Dixon, 9-3 with Ben.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 22:07 »

I really wanted to give 'em a winning record.  I really did, but I just don't see it.  So many questions in key areas and it just ain't that easy to "get by" without a two time Super Bowl QB, even if it's for only 4 games.

Expectations are quite low for this season.  Hope to shit I'm wrong.

Make me eat my words, fellas.

Oh, and just don't lose to the Jets, please.  Thanks.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 22:21 »

C'mon AJ.  We know you like to keep your expectations down, but barring injury the defense alone should get 'em to 8 wins.

11-5 I say. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 23:05 »

ATL - W
@TEN - L
@TB - W
BAL - W
CLE - W
@MIA - L
@NO - L
@CIN - L
NE - W
OAK - W
@BUF - W
@BAL - L
CIN - W
NYJ - W
CAR - W
@CLE - W

That's 11-5, but looks shaky to me.  According to this, we go 3-1 under Dixon, then after Ben's warmup against Cleveland we lose 3 in a row.  Will Ben have the confidence (and still have the job?) to turn it around against NE and go 7-1 in the second half?  The schedule certainly favors a late run with 5 home games and road games against Buffalo and Cleveland.  But we could be 3-5 in the first half easy, making every game a must win.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2010 at 23:29 »

Will Ben have the confidence (and still have the job?) to turn it around against NE and go 7-1 in the second half? 

I'm not buying the whole "Ben might not be the starter when he gets back" storyline.  Seems to me Tomlin's just hedging his bets against #7 staying behind in Latrobe and hitting some Slippy Rock bars.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
MMAGLENN
N00b

« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 06:25 »

12 4
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2010 at 15:21 »

Losses in red.

ATL - Steelers without Troy, Aaron, and Ben lose 17-20 in Baltimore.  What will Dixon with Troy and Aaron do against a lesser Falcons team at home?  20-17.
@TEN - Steelers just do not like going to Tennessee.  The 13-10 win seemed like a Herculean struggle, and then everybody else came along and beat the Titans easily.  Just some bad mojo about going there.  13-16.
@TB - Tomlin may have lost the focus of this team during the horror show losses against the lesser lights in 2009, but there's no way we'll be overlooking a bottom-feeder this early.
BAL - Baltimore's secondary is a real Achilles heel, and as noted Dixon almost beat these same guys on the road.  But I think having a few more weeks to break down film on Dixon will allow Balty to get a good handle on how to attack him.  17-24.
BYE
CLE - Not this time.  Not with Ben coming back.  34-10.
@MIA - With Mike Nolan as DC, the Dolphins could have a run like Denver did in 2009, but we should still have more talent on both sides of the ball.  23-10.
@NO - Don't see the Saints repeating, but their passing attack is going to give this secondary flaming shits.  27-37.
@CIN - Cinci is gonna crash and burn, right about here.  Good early season, then it all goes wrong.  The offense is too old.  27-17.
NE - Hate to say it, but Ningland's offense will be good again, and their defense will be bette than the last couple of years.  They need a pass rush, but we need an OL.  34-21.
OAK - Payback.  33-9.
@BUF - Bills have been killed with injuries recently, their OL is worse than ours, and they have no QB.  Other than that, they're in good shape.  27-12.
@BAL - Hate having us getting swept by the Rats, but call it a gut feeling.  Rats will be in a lot of shootouts this season, althoug Steelers scrums are typically lower scoring.  24-27.
CIN - Cinci reverts toward their 8-8 mean.  24-13.
NYJ - Jets are overrated and getting way too much love.  Defense is good, but Sanchez doesn't impress much and will get exposed as a soph.  But  can see Rex dialing up a nasty blitz stew.  9-13.
CAR - Will tghe wheels be coming off Carolina's season?  Fox has been on the watch list for a couple of years, but I think the Panthers remain viable.  We just match up well with them.  23-17.
@CLE - Delhomo throws 6 picks, Mangina gets fired mid-game by Holmgren, who takes over coaching duties on the spot.  43-16.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: