Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 14:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: What will be the Steelers' W-L total?
5-11 - 0 (0%)
6-10 - 0 (0%)
7-9 - 0 (0%)
8-8 - 1 (3.6%)
9-7 - 1 (3.6%)
10-6 - 14 (50%)
11-5 - 7 (25%)
12-4 - 5 (17.9%)
13-3 - 0 (0%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Predict the Steelers' 2010 regular season record  (Read 2282 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #20 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 08:25 »

Nice koehla! I would have been pretty happy being 2-2 when Ben comes back. 3-1 or even 4-0 is just icing on the cake. I think we sweep Cincy, and maybe lose to NE. BUt 12-4 the rest of your prediction look pretty sound.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 09:35 »

If you want, you can break down game-by-game and throw in post-season predictions, if you want.

Steelers fans -- Here is your 12-4 division-winning 2010 schedule.

ATL - Win
@TEN - Win
@TB - Win
BAL - Lose
CLE - Win
@MIA - Win
@NO - Lose
@CIN - Lose
NE - Win
OAK - Win
@BUF - Win
@BAL - Win
CIN - Win
NYJ - Lose
CAR - Win
@CLE - Win

So far I'm 100%.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

BTW, this crow is out-fucking-standing.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #22 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 12:03 »

I guessed 10-6 when this was first posted but looking at our schedule and how the D is playing coupled with Ben coming back there is no team on our schedule that can beat us.  Not going to change to 16-0 but my point is that if/when we lose it will be because we did something stupid.  Turn the ball over to many times, special teams, 17 penalties, something like that.  Seriously who is playing better ball then us right now?  And who has more upside on offense in two weeks then us?  Batch had no sacks last week, ZERO.  And that was with a back up guard.  Anybody know when that happened last?  NO, Cin, Balt and NE will be tough games, those were the games i thought we would lose, but there is no reason we don't beat them.  This week will be a good test but the ratbirds are not playing that great.  I am going to guess our first lost game may not come until the NO game.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 12:26 »

I guessed 10-6 when this was first posted but looking at our schedule and how the D is playing coupled with Ben coming back there is no team on our schedule that can beat us.  Not going to change to 16-0 but my point is that if/when we lose it will be because we did something stupid.  Turn the ball over to many times, special teams, 17 penalties, something like that.  Seriously who is playing better ball then us right now?  And who has more upside on offense in two weeks then us?  Batch had no sacks last week, ZERO.  And that was with a back up guard.  Anybody know when that happened last?  NO, Cin, Balt and NE will be tough games, those were the games i thought we would lose, but there is no reason we don't beat them.  This week will be a good test but the ratbirds are not playing that great.  I am going to guess our first lost game may not come until the NO game.

I'm still going to guess that our first loss comes this week against Baltimore. They still have a better defense than any that we've played already (though they have noone that can hang with Mr. Wallace) and Boldin has really made their offense better. The Steelers defense could play as well as they have been and shut them down allowing us to win a close low-scoring game, but I just see the defense slowing down at some point. They can't keep playing like this...can they? Plus we're always one injury away from just having a good defense rather than a legendary one.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 13:43 »

Not to mention that 16 games is a long season even though it doesn't always feel like it.  Teams playing out of their mind in Week 4 often look totally different in Week 13.  Look at the Tits last year.

All of this media fluffery is making me nervous.  Don't want the boys peaking too early.  Save the best stuff for January.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #25 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 14:17 »

I am not sure we are playing "out of our mind" at this point.  But I do know that we can't be at our very best without Ben.  Although he will help with the passing game his big contribution will be the run game.  Teams will not be able to stack the box when he is in there.

This week is going to be a tough one.  Balty will stack the box and bet that last week was fantasy land for Batch.  The good news is the ratbirds defensive backs can be beat.  I am going to say that H. Miller has a very large game this week, I hope.

There are a few guys that will continue to get better as the season rolls on.  But I am hoping that Mendy starts to break out larger than he has.  He has done well so far but I still see this guy as having a lot more to deliver.  With our QB situation everyone is simply teeing off on him.  My prediction is he runs for 200 against the stains.  Again more due to Ben being back then anything else.
koehla
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #26 on: Nov 01, 2010 at 06:28 »

If you want, you can break down game-by-game and throw in post-season predictions, if you want.

ATL - Win
@TEN - Win
@TB - Win
BAL - Lose
CLE - Win
@MIA - Win
@NO - Lose
@CIN - Lose
NE - Win
OAK - Win
@BUF - Win
@BAL - Win
CIN - Win
NYJ - Lose
CAR - Win
@CLE - Win

So I got the first 7 games right.  If the Steelers lose to the Bungles next week I'm thinking of declaring myself a prophet and starting a new religion. Any takers?  By the way, in my new religion pretty much anything goes and for communion we drink Olde Frothingslosh.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #27 on: Nov 01, 2010 at 09:25 »

ATL - Win
@TEN - Win
@TB - Win
BAL - Lose
CLE - Win
@MIA - Win
@NO - Lose
@CIN - Lose
NE - Win
OAK - Win
@BUF - Win
@BAL - Win
CIN - Win
NYJ - Lose
CAR - Win
@CLE - Win

So I got the first 7 games right.  If the Steelers lose to the Bungles next week I'm thinking of declaring myself a prophet and starting a new religion. Any takers?  By the way, in my new religion pretty much anything goes and for communion we drink Olde Frothingslosh.

Pretty damned impressive.  The way things are going you might get it right the rest of the way, but the next two could be where it unravels as it looks more and more like Cincy were fakers last season and that the Patsies have found their mojo jojo.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Nov 01, 2010 at 10:13 »

I was 6 for 7 (missed on the Tenn win).  Had us losing the rest of the way to NE, @ Bal, and NYJ. 

I think 6/7 allows me to declare my own religion with NyQuiltinis the communion drink.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: