Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 16, 2014 at 02:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomlin presser 9/14/10  (Read 422 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 14, 2010 at 13:39 »

Courtesy of Steelers Lounge, comments from former MGSer Johnny Fever.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 13:47 »

Good news about Starks. If he's not comfortable with Brown on PR duty, work him in when the opponent is punting from their own end. Let El be the "hands" returner when fielding in their own territory, like MM was in prior years.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 14:28 »

Good news about Starks. If he's not comfortable with Brown on PR duty, work him in when the opponent is punting from their own end. Let El be the "hands" returner when fielding in their own territory, like MM was in prior years.

Yes, while I wasn't thrilled with Brown's decision making inside the 10 yard line, I really like the way he headed straight upfield.
I like his return game potential.

Reminds me a lot of Willie Reid.

Just kiddin.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 17:01 »

While most are likely sick of hearing me say this, Fisher is a good coach, but also an overrated coach.  While people constantly questioned Bill Cowher's ability to win the big game and talked about him being a non-cereberal coach, people constantly praise Fisher. 

Fisher has never won THE big game, has lost numerous AFCC, and has many more losing/.500 seasons than Cowher did.  Again, he's a good coach, but I don't understand why he seems to get a pass when he has down years.  I hear people talk about the lack of talent or loss of talent, but did any coach suffer more FA losses than the Steelers during Cowher's career?

Good news on Starks.  It would be nice to see Scott do well if he plays, in order to give us some hope for the future of the Oline.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2010 at 07:56 »

Wait, isn't Scott a retread from Buffalo? Or is he a draftee?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2010 at 08:00 »

Wait, isn't Scott a retread from Buffalo? Or is he a draftee?

Yes.

Chris Scott, R (Tenn.) is on IR.

Jon Scott, 4 (Texas) played ahead of Hills at UT, and is a flunky of the Lions' and Bills' vaunted OL factories.  Maybe the light has come on for him; we'll see.  Some quote floated out there that the competition with former UT teammate was good for one or both, and Hills certainly flashed better this pre than before.  Also, Kugler coached JS at Buff, so he's at least familiar.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: