Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 20:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lookin' for some fantasy team advice  (Read 698 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 09, 2010 at 11:34 »

Finally was able to sit down and participate in one of my FF drafts last night.  Looking for some input from others that have done drafts this year as to how this one stacks up to teams you've seen.

Unfortunately, this is the third of my three pay leagues and it's also the only one where I was actually able to make my selections.

FWIW, had the #2 overall pick.  12 team league, .5 PPR.

QB - Beardy
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Arian Foster
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Dez Bryant
RB/WR - Felix Jones
TE - Vernon Davis
K - Ryan Longwell
DEF - Steelers (obv)

Bench:
Ahmad Bradshaw
Clinton Portis
Brett Favre
*drawing blank for WR*  Maybe Austin Collie?  Robert Meacham?  Can't remember for sure...
Vincent Jackson (second to last pick)
Sidney Rice (last pick)

As I said in the other thread, I'm pretty happy with it...which is what makes me nervous.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 11:40 »

That looks pretty good to me.  I've always liked the QB/WR tandem when they're that prolific, but a bad day will kill ya for a game.  F Jones should see more duty this season, but like Mendy, he'll need to run it in from 10+ as he's not the short yardage guy.  Dez Bryant - that's a year 1 WR so you takes your risks there.  You got Rice and Jackson where they should have been picked.  You're set at TE, K and DEF. 

Looks pretty good to me.  But I drafted the worst team in the history of Thee MGS FFL, so what does I kuh kuh kuh know?
 cussing

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2010 at 23:41 »

Jonzr nailed it.  Team looks great, but everything he said is spot on.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2010 at 08:19 »

Looks like you did well. Peterson is a no brainer at 1.2 but you probably got first round value in Brady as well. I think Moss went borderline first round this year in my league too.

I like your WR depth as well assuming you got Meacham. I think he's a starter and probably will top Bryant's numbers this year. With Rice/Jackson, you have possible trade bait at the deadline.

I'm usually not a Portis fan but I like him this year based on how low he was going in most drafts (I almost drafted him, think he went a pick or 2 before when I was going to take him. Of course the Steeler D has the potential to be the best defense on the board.

Overall I think you have a playoff team if Brady and Moss have medium-big to big years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: