Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 17:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best part of Game 1?  (Read 1581 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 09:58 »

On the radio Hilgrove said he fumbled the  ball on the sideline and I almost shat my pants.

"radio"?  What is this device you speak of?  Must be new-fangled.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 10:04 »

The Justin.TV feed crapped out at the end of reg.

BTW, my favorite part was when the Falcons kicked the FG to tie it at the end.  I was fearful that they'd go for it on 4th down and end up scoring a TD after milking the clock down.  That FG was a gift.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 10:22 »

Best part was that it ended up being a W rather than a L or tie. This may allow us to get to 2-2 rather than the 1-3 that I feared without Ben. 3-1 at this point wouldn't even be too far-fetched assuming that we steal one from Tennessee (who looked very good this weekend) or Baltimore (we'll see tonight).

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 10:26 »

Best part was that it ended up being a W rather than a L or tie. This may allow us to get to 2-2 rather than the 1-3 that I feared without Ben. 3-1 at this point wouldn't even be too far-fetched assuming that we steal one from Tennessee (who looked very good this weekend) or Baltimore (we'll see tonight).

Hate the Ratties, but the Jets are getting fellated by the media.  Ryan's loveable fucking language.  Revis.  The FA acquisitions.  The unfinished mojo from the playoffs.  I would not mind one bit if the Rats-Jets resulted in a passel of injuries to both teams. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 11:21 »

Watched it a couple of times after it happened (after I stopped hooting and doing a Chuck Berry duck walk), and commented that David Johnson and Hines Ward did a nice job of blocking.

How does Matt Spaeth still have a job?

Best part was that it ended up being a W rather than a L or tie. This may allow us to get to 2-2 rather than the 1-3 that I feared without Ben.

This.

Hate the Ratties, but the Jets are getting fellated by the media.  Ryan's loveable fucking language.  Revis.  The FA acquisitions.  The unfinished mojo from the playoffs.  I would not mind one bit if the Rats-Jets resulted in a passel of injuries to both teams. 

In strong negotiations with a Jets fan I know regarding whether the Jets will make the playoffs this year.  Trying to have him go for the under (9.5) in regular season wins instead.  Still, I really, really want to make the playoff wager with him just to shut him up, but I'm not sure there's enough value there.  I could easily see them start the season off 0-3.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 11:23 »

Sadly, the Patriots look to be back to being good this year.  Of course, that means the Jets will be in a world of it again.  And Miami-Buffalo looked like a couple of turds. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 11:31 »

Obviously the winning run and Hines' overall performance was the shit but I gotta say my favorite moment was the timeout call.  sunglasses on all calm just looks over and says, "Time out" with the cadence of a pimp telling his hoes to "Get goin' bitch".

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 21:11 »

I gotta say my favorite moment was the timeout call.  sunglasses on all calm just looks over and says, "Time out" with the cadence of a pimp telling his hoes to "Get goin' bitch".

Love the Tomlin attitude, but does anyone else think the back of his shirt looks like he fell asleep in the middle of the road when they were painting the lines?
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 10:20 »

I gotta say my favorite moment was the timeout call.  sunglasses on all calm just looks over and says, "Time out" with the cadence of a pimp telling his hoes to "Get goin' bitch".

Love the Tomlin attitude, but does anyone else think the back of his shirt looks like he fell asleep in the middle of the road when they were painting the lines?

LOL...hate those shirts, but that must be the league wide design this year (and the awful tie-die) because I have seen a few different teams wearing them.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #19 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 11:08 »

LOL...hate those shirts, but that must be the league wide design this year (and the awful tie-die) because I have seen a few different teams wearing them.

Yeah, doesn't Nike get to dress the coaches?  Remember the Nolan (when HC at SF) a few years ago?  He wanted to wear a suit but had to pay a fine until Nike designed a suit for him.  Something like that.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: