Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats up with the booing?  (Read 1013 times)
kchopsteel

« on: Sep 13, 2010 at 07:24 »

Has our fan base become so crazy that they have to boo Dixon because he isn't giving them instant gratification. He did what I think everyone is asking him to do, which is not lose the game. I understand that if Ben was in there we probably would have won that game going away, but he wasn't so we have to deal with the cards we are dealt. I liked some of the things DD did and I felt like he was just trying to be too perfect with his throws but I didn't see any reason to boo him and I hope the fans can cut him a break.

And I also think BA actually called a good game. It was amazing to watch that tool not make horrible play calls with DD in there. I really hope it stays that way but I think we all know he is going to try and get cute at one point or another.

I am the Padiddle champion
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 07:48 »

Dixon did well, and could have easily done much better.  The throws bouncing in front of the receivers was very Kordell-esque.

Definitely not booing worthy, but it was frustrating to watch easy 3rd down throws bouncing off the grass in such a tight game. 

I have to admit I was yelling GEEZUS  @#$@$)%^(& ##$*%^% on more than one occasion.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 11:04 »

I blame the alcohol.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 11:21 »

I blame Kordell.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 12:06 »

Sure, Dixon made some mistakes.  But he had decent numbers, didn't have a ton of major-league screw-ups, and surely showed the potential to get better.

Booing is ridiculous in this situation, but that's just fans.  Just the way it is.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 12:28 »

Dixon, in his second career start, had the 16th best passer rating of the day (81.6), ahead of such luminaries as Aaron Rodgers (73.1), Brett Favre (71.7), Matt Ryan (67.6), Matt Schaub (67.5), Donovan McNabb (63.4), and Jake Delhomme (59.2).

Completion %?  8th.

Yards per attmept?  2nd.

Total yards?  12th.

FFS, STFU.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 13:34 »

FFS, STFU.

Think that was my exact response when the booing started.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2010 at 21:19 »

I agree, booing was completely unneccesary.  However, I don't think Dixon's day was as good as his stats might indicate.  Bounced throws noted.  One pick, but saw Ben throw that exact pick more than a couple times.

However, he did have at least two more bounce off defenders' hands, and had a lot of trouble making throws to the sideline.  Opponents will pick up on that in a hurry.

Liked safe playcalls at first to get him in the game, but would have liked to see Arians move the pocket a little more.  Although, pass blocking was pretty good overall.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 08:35 »

I agree, booing was completely unneccesary.  However, I don't think Dixon's day was as good as his stats might indicate.  Bounced throws noted.  One pick, but saw Ben throw that exact pick more than a couple times.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw his numbers at the end of the game. Thought he played a little worse than they indicated given the dropped picks and the bounced passes on 3rd down.

Seems alot of his problems are mechanical though. Hopefully things he can improve on with time. He seems like the type who will struggle on sideline throws. His deep ball looks nice though, hopefully they let him air it out deep a little more sunday to open it up for the run.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 09:02 »

I'm positive about the performance for two reasons:

1.  He didn't lose it for us.

2.  I actually think that he showed enough for us to believe that he will improve over time.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: