Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 15:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers bring in 2 for workouts  (Read 400 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 16, 2010 at 12:32 »

Steelers checking out Donald Thomas
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2010 10:55 AM ET
Last year, guard Donald Thomas appeared in 16 games and started 12 for the Dolphins.

This year, Thomas is a man without a team.

Though he has generated some interest, Thomas has yet to sign a contract.  His next chance will come via a visit to the Steelers, per a league source.

Thomas entered the league as a sixth-round pick in 2008.

The Steelers also will be bringing in former West Virginia quarterback Jarrett Brown for a workout.  And former West Virginia quarterback Pat White remains unemployed, by any football teams, that is.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
sysadmin7

« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2010 at 12:48 »

After the 2008 draft, the Dolphins front office was really surprised at how Donald Thomas played in camp, pre-season, etc. It earned him the starting RG spot in 2009 and many in the organization thought they landed a OG in the late round for years to come. Once they drafted John Jerry in the 3rd this year, I assume he beat him out. It's hard for me to believe that a guy that has hyped up so much by the Dolphins front office was cut and has yet to find another NFL team. Makes you wonder....what happened?

Jarrett Brown....no thanks. You can't tell me Jarrett Brown is the best QB out on the market. I'd look at Tim Hiller, Matt Nichols, Nate Davis, Jeff Garcia even....

LINUX = FREEDOM
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2010 at 13:25 »

Brown is a practice squad guy, IMO.  Maybe someone to simulate other active QBs in practice?

Thomas has had a LisFranc and a torn pec thus far, but he rebounded from those in 2009.  Read that he wasn't as effective a pulling guard, but was strong at the POA: good enough to start last year.  Worth a look, but who gets the ax to sign him?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2010 at 19:09 »

David johnson TE

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2010 at 19:57 »

Honestly, I'd rather that they cut Spaeth than Johnson. Spaeth can't catch, can't block, can't get open. Seems to always get caught holding or moving or whatever.

He's as bad as Tuman used to be.

He sucks.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: