Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 17, 2014 at 16:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAL@NYJ  (Read 1569 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 10:54 »

Of course I was rooting hard for the Jets but there was something very satisfying about hearing the collective wind come out of  60,000 douchebags when that receiver stepped out a yard short.

clap

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 11:02 »

Yeah, that game was so bad, it was really a win-win.  Then Greenie on M&M was saying he thought Flacco played really well.  Guess that was when I went for a piss.  

Just hilarious how much preseason puffery the Jests and Ratbirds received this year, and then go out and look like that.  I mean, were they down to their third strong QB, FFS?  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 12:05 »

Jests NT Kris Jenkins is out for the season.

« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2010 at 12:08 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 12:42 »

Kris Jenkins' durability is rivaled by only Bob Sanders.

Somebody please 'asplain this to me...

Patriots @ Jets (+1.5)

Seriously.

The O/U is 39 too.

NY gonna learn how to run an offense in one week? 

I get the reverse mojo stuff with NY probably playing better and NE probably playing worse, but I still don't see how they get to these lines.  20-10, 17-10, 17-6 kinda game...IMO.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 13:11 »

Kris Jenkins' durability is rivaled by only Bob Sanders.

Somebody please 'asplain this to me...

Patriots @ Jets (+1.5)

Seriously.

The O/U is 39 too.

NY gonna learn how to run an offense in one week? 

I get the reverse mojo stuff with NY probably playing better and NE probably playing worse, but I still don't see how they get to these lines.  20-10, 17-10, 17-6 kinda game...IMO.

Uhhh... home field advantage...?

It beggars explanation.  Even with the Pats dipping some, the Jets bouncing some, HFA, good luck, and maybe Beardy having a nasty case of Kashi shits, I'd have thought the line would be closer to 7, 5 at the least.  The image of Sanchez on that final drive, flailing away like some doomed prehistoric beast in a tar pit... 

And the Cowboys, -8.5?  OK, HFA, bounce, whatever... but they were effin' pathetic too.  That's a heavy line to lay at the feet of those incompetents.

Also liking being 5 point dogs.  Please, oddsmakers, make us dogs every week.

Spen

« Reply #15 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 13:34 »

That certainly was sloppy and ugly. I'll give credit both ways because the defenses are good, but both offenses looked pretty bad.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 18:57 »

Indianapolis Colts defensive back Bob Sanders is believed to have a torn biceps and expected to miss significant time, perhaps the rest of the season. He played in only two games last season because of a torn biceps in the other arm.

What are the odds of that happening?  back to back bicep tears?  That's just bizzarre.

As far as Jets offensive performance - Jets D to Sanchez (in best Dr. Evil voice):  "Throw me a freakin' bone here!"
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 20:43 »

That certainly was sloppy and ugly. I'll give credit both ways because the defenses are good, but both offenses looked pretty bad.

I guess I was expecting a little more from the Jets O and a lot more from the Ravens O.  Ravens should have a potent downfield attack, instead of just putting it up there and hoping to get a penalty.  Sanchez can't piss three feet in front of himself.  I'd give the Ravens a better chance at improving on O, but neither looked all that good.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2010 at 13:16 »

It beggars explanation.  Even with the Pats dipping some, the Jets bouncing some, HFA, good luck, and maybe Beardy having a nasty case of Kashi shits, I'd have thought the line would be closer to 7, 5 at the least. 

Was talkin' to a Jets fan on Tuesday morning and I reiterated (again) how much it would suck for Gang Green to start out the season 0-3.  That led to some comments about how they'll rebound in Week 2 against the Pastries.  I said, "Man, it's gonna be tough this week.  They're home, but they're a big dog, right?  Gotta be 5.5 or 6."

*Flips through Sports section of USA Today*

"+1.5!"

"The fuck??"

Rex even has the handicappers fooled.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Sep 15, 2010 at 13:25 »

It beggars explanation.  Even with the Pats dipping some, the Jets bouncing some, HFA, good luck, and maybe Beardy having a nasty case of Kashi shits, I'd have thought the line would be closer to 7, 5 at the least. 

Was talkin' to a Jets fan on Tuesday morning and I reiterated (again) how much it would suck for Gang Green to start out the season 0-3.  That led to some comments about how they'll rebound in Week 2 against the Pastries.  I said, "Man, it's gonna be tough this week.  They're home, but they're a big dog, right?  Gotta be 5.5 or 6."

*Flips through Sports section of USA Today*

"+1.5!"

"The fuck??"

Rex even has the handicappers fooled.

He bought 'em snacks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: