Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 19, 2014 at 17:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAL@NYJ  (Read 1579 times)
Spen

« Reply #20 on: Sep 16, 2010 at 00:02 »

That certainly was sloppy and ugly. I'll give credit both ways because the defenses are good, but both offenses looked pretty bad.

I guess I was expecting a little more from the Jets O and a lot more from the Ravens O.  Ravens should have a potent downfield attack, instead of just putting it up there and hoping to get a penalty.  Sanchez can't piss three feet in front of himself.  I'd give the Ravens a better chance at improving on O, but neither looked all that good.

I was expecting more too and I'd be bothered a lot more if the Ravens had lost since I feel they had opportunities and messed them up.
But being that it was the first game of the year and they beat a thought to be tough conference team on the road I wont worry about it too much. I think most of the problem was Joe, and some of was him being sloppy and some of seemed like he and the recievers were on a different page which should hopefully change as they get used to each other. Oddly enough I thought his best pass of the night was the one Heap dropped (probably because Jonzr bribed him) in the end zone.

Not sure what I expect this week, the Bengals had him looking very confused both games last season.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2010 at 00:09 by Spen » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Sep 16, 2010 at 09:05 »

That certainly was sloppy and ugly. I'll give credit both ways because the defenses are good, but both offenses looked pretty bad.

I guess I was expecting a little more from the Jets O and a lot more from the Ravens O.  Ravens should have a potent downfield attack, instead of just putting it up there and hoping to get a penalty.  Sanchez can't piss three feet in front of himself.  I'd give the Ravens a better chance at improving on O, but neither looked all that good.

I was expecting more too and I'd be bothered a lot more if the Ravens had lost since I feel they had opportunities and messed them up.
But being that it was the first game of the year and they beat a thought to be tough conference team on the road I wont worry about it too much. I think most of the problem was Joe, and some of was him being sloppy and some of seemed like he and the recievers were on a different page which should hopefully change as they get used to each other. Oddly enough I thought his best pass of the night was the one Heap dropped (probably because Jonzr bribed him) in the end zone.

Not sure what I expect this week, the Bengals had him looking very confused both games last season.

This is all true.  Bengals are something like 5 of their last 7 v. the Ravens, IIRC, FWIW.  Bengals were downright dominated v. the Pats.  No shame in that: Pats look retooled, for as long as Brady and Moss are there/healthy.  Shame is that the Bengals look overhyped, old, and in for another year of inflated hopes and ego implosions.  Shame for them, not the rest of the div.

Still, Bengals could be a trap for the Ravens. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #22 on: Sep 16, 2010 at 09:46 »

I don't see it.  The Bengals aberration was last season, they'll be back to normal this year.  The implosion has begun, the Ravens will pound the ever-loving kashi load outta those fakers.

When did adding TO to a team ever improve said team?  Philly you say?  Remember, they made the playoffs and their run to the SB sans TO, he was injured for the last portion of the season.  He did jack in Dallas.  Buffalo?  Ha!  Carson Palmer - he throws a nice ball but what he done?  Really, what has he done?  Cedric Benson?  Next.  How about that defense?  Will they be a top 4 unit again?  My bet is they don't make it back to the top 10.

So, unless the Bengals have some sorta mojo against the Ravens, don't worry!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Sep 16, 2010 at 09:57 »

Quote from: some espn article
The wild card Sunday could be Revis' conditioning, coming off a 36-day holdout. Coach Rex Ryan was concerned enough to limit Revis' role in Monday night's 10-9 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Instead of having him shadow the Ravens' top receiver, Anquan Boldin, Ryan confined Revis to the left side, reducing the amount of running.

Thus costing the Jets the game.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Sep 16, 2010 at 10:23 »

IMO, I don't think Cincy's (offensive) problem is at the skill positions.  It's their offensive line.  Seems like they've regressed a 'lil with each recent passing year.  Like Pittsburgh, they've pretty much ignored their front five with their early picks...minus "The Specimen" last year, obv.

Pittsburgh has been able to get by in large part because of Roethlisberger's mobility.  Cincy doesn't have that luxury with Palmer.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: