Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 08:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats up with the booing?  (Read 1159 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 12:11 »

only problem is he doesn't have much time to improve, 3 weeks? 

My feeling was that BA the douche must've told him to NOT run ever because he seemed to just stay in the pocket and try to be a 'traditional' QB when his major talent is to be mobile and get yards with his legs.  I can understand we don't want him to get injured and bring out Glass Joe but he should still do what comes natural to him and keep the opposing D on it's toes. 

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 14:24 »

However, he did have at least two more bounce off defenders' hands, and had a lot of trouble making throws to the sideline.  Opponents will pick up on that in a hurry.

Yes, this is what worried me more. He was VERY lucky a few times. He easily could have had 3 or 4 picks, having thrown almost straight at a couple of defenders. He didn't show very good awareness of where the defenders were in relation to his intended receivers.

I also agree that BA should have him rolling out more, move the pocket some. Of course, now with all the new personnel on the line, that might not be realistic.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2010 at 12:27 »

I also agree that BA should have him rolling out more, move the pocket some. Of course, now with all the new personnel on the line, that might not be realistic.

Actually LFT that is exactly what you have to do with a makeshift line, buys the qb some time and limits the number of reads in his progression.  Downside is you're only playing with half the field.

This is moot of course, as this the week Arians will unveil his newest brainchild, the nine-step drop.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2010 at 14:43 »

Yeah, I don't know much about OL play. Except enough to see that we can't block well. Anyone can see that.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #14 on: Sep 16, 2010 at 11:37 »

Actually LFT that is exactly what you have to do with a makeshift line, buys the qb some time and limits the number of reads in his progression.  Downside is you're only playing with half the field.

This is moot of course, as this the week Arians will unveil his newest brainchild, the nine-step drop.

.. and draw.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 2010 at 09:10 »

FFS, STFU.

Think that was my exact response when the booing started.

Mine too.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: