Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 17:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QB VS Tampa??  (Read 1159 times)
TucsonSteeler

« on: Sep 20, 2010 at 16:38 »

Let's assume for a moment that all three are healthy, which I believe is the case.  Who do you start?  Batch is probably the "healthiest", I am pretty sure that is one of the signs for the imminent Apocalypse, right after the raining of bugs. So do you start him?  I wonder if the play calling was as a result of wanting to protect Batch or maybe his skills have fallen way off.  Of the course the main reason is BA is a dumbfuck.  I honestly believe that Lefty is within one hit of going out again and he will get hit again.  What about Dixon's ego if we don't put him back in?  It was neck and neck during the pre-season and then we have Dixon playing 1.5 games.  You know Lefty is going to be rusty for awhile, before he gets hurt and then you are back to Dixon again.  :huh: :huh:

So here is my take...the defense should carry us through the next two games, at worst we lose one of them.  I say give Dixon the experience.  Neither of the other two will be here next year, one will not be here in three weeks.  We need to have a good second guy and I think Dixon can be it but needs some time.

Who are you going to start?
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 21:40 »

It's Charlie.  DD is absolutely out.
Lefty isn't worth the risk.

Charlie's throws on Sunday were good throws....when BA let him throw.
We dropped more passes Sunday than we do most seasons! Seriously.  Heat dropped 2 that hit him right in the numbers.
So....maybe it was timing, starters not having worked much with Charlie. Maybe BA figures out that the D cannot win the game alone - at least not all the time.

But, for now, in Charlie we trust.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 07:28 »

I'm less worried about who starts the next game than who finishes it.  I like Batch, but his track record for injury makes me very nervous. There is no way that we should go into this game without another QB -- and by that, I mean, a healthy QB.

It's ok if we have Leftwich as the 2nd QB, but if he goes in and his knee doesn't hold up, we need to have a better plan than Randle-el or Ward going under center.

Don't know if I like the idea of singing Bill Stull. Is Tommy Maddox available? Or better yet, can we throw some dough at Kurt Warner? Be a nice part-time gig for a retiree, no?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 07:34 »

You know Jeff Garcia is waiting by his phone.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 11:28 »

Garcia is much better than Gary Coleman IMHO, even if he's gay and has a hot wife for a beard....

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 11:42 »

Let's assume for a moment that all three are healthy, which I believe is the case. 

I disagree.

DD = torn meniscus, he's not a factor until BBR comes back and he can return to the backup rotation.

BFL = now at the minimum time expected out, can't believe he's anything more than 75%.

So, it's CB, two gimps, a couple of college QB/NFL WRs.

We're screwed.

You just know BA will go to his defensive stance playcalling (rush-rush-pass-punt) and we'll drop a game we should easily win.

We start the season with 4 QBs and by game 2, we have 1.  Maybe 1.5.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 11:43 »

<<SING JOEFFER JORGE>>

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 14:47 »

<<SING JOEFFER JORGE>>

DUHB STOOPIT...SLAINT PEE HEYYERES CELLY EYEFRONE IZ ASPRODING!!!!!111 JUZ MACK THUH CALL...MACK THU CRAWL!!1 RUNNEY!!!111 FORETWEEN AND TOO RITE THEREE!  GRASS IT..CHAKE IT....GROW FORE IT!!!!!1111111111

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 16:31 »

lmao - nothing to add to that.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 20:42 »

Of the course the main reason is BA is a dumbfuck. 

I agree wholeheartedly that BA is that. However, I'm somewhat glad that he called the game the way he did the other day. It was conservative as hell, no doubt, but the Steelers D was virtually unstoppable. I'm sure that if we'd lost, I'd be singing a different tune. But, had we lost because he decided to let a rusty-ass Batch or rookie-like Dixon sling it around against a stout D that was playing pretty well in its own right, I'd be even more pissed.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: