Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 03:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QB VS Tampa??  (Read 1062 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 07:49 »

Of the course the main reason is BA is a dumbfuck. 

I agree wholeheartedly that BA is that. However, I'm somewhat glad that he called the game the way he did the other day. It was conservative as hell, no doubt, but the Steelers D was virtually unstoppable. I'm sure that if we'd lost, I'd be singing a different tune. But, had we lost because he decided to let a rusty-ass Batch or rookie-like Dixon sling it around against a stout D that was playing pretty well in its own right, I'd be even more pissed.

"Slinging it around" and calling a pass play any time but 3rd down are two completely things.  Nobody is suggesting Arians go Tommy Gun style with Batch, but when the opposition knows what's coming on each and every play, the O has no chance of accomplishing anything.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 08:06 »

I agree, BV, but considering Batch has taken virtually zero snaps this pre- and regular season, I would consider anything too far down field a higher risk than necessary. "Slinging it around" is the polar opposite of what actually transpired, so I probably should've used a more moderate phrase (though such a phrase escapes me).

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 10:19 »

Okay so with DD out the decision obviously gets a bit clearer.  With the coach saying that Batch has the "pole position", formally held by Kordell, my guess he goes with him.  No matter the QB Tampa is going stack the box, did you see that TT had 9 guys in the box several times?  Tampa will do the same thing.  Our O has got to produce at least one TD in order to win this game and that will not happen by running the ball into 8-9 guys or giving Batch 3rd and long.  Hell let Batch just throw the ball as long as he can on first down to no one and take the penalty for grounding.  At least Tampa would consider that we are able to throw the damn ball.

I say we go no huddle throw a bunch of short passes, screens, hit Heath and Mendy and then run a few times.  No doubt that if the O can get us ahead in the game the Def will take over, again.

There is no reason we can't win the next two games.  Batch/Lefty are no worse than one third of the first string QBs now playing.  We could have Ben back and realistically be 4-0.  Then watch out.  The SI prediction may actually happen.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 12:02 »

I agree, BV, but considering Batch has taken virtually zero snaps this pre- and regular season, I would consider anything too far down field a higher risk than necessary.

He's been in the league for 20 years. I don't think he needs a bunch for work to be ready. That's why he's a fine backup. Can go in with little notice and still throw some darts. This week the receivers may want to grab a few. Assuming he can survive 4 quarters.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 23, 2010 at 15:55 »

Charlie obviously wasn't warmed up or prepared to go last week and he hung in there just fine. I hope he has a 300 yard game this week!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Sep 23, 2010 at 15:59 »

I hope he has a 300 yard game this week!

I hope he has a 200 yard game.
And survives.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: