Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 15:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/21 Tomlin presser - not signing another QB  (Read 818 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 21, 2010 at 12:47 »

Highlights:

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 14:37 »

Weather will, once again, be a factor.

Wonder if Tampa will do what Tennessee (assumably) did and elect to wear their road whites to force Pittsburgh into wearing their home black unis.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 18:12 »

I seem to remember a few years ago that Tampa elected to do that with every early-fall home game.

Puts the away team at a serious disadvantage in that humid Tampa heat.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 20:33 »

Couple of things:

AJ - your assumption is correct (the TTs deliberately wore white).

Secondly, and I'm somewhat surprised that this hasn't been written about (or maybe it has and I've missed it), but during the intro of the Charlie Batch (radio) Show yesterday, Gerry Dulac asked Batch about Dixon's injury and what all went down on the sidelines. Both stated that there was some uncertainty - even with Dixon - as to on which play he was injured.

What was really interesting was how Batch was notified he had to go in. He said Dixon was on the sidelines and then (on the Titans' third down) came up to Batch and said, "Chuck, I can't go. You gotta get in the game." Even more interesting was that Batch - who realized that since the Titans were punting the ball as he was processing this info and therefore had no time to pass a football for warm-up purposes - was the one who notified BA that he was going in the game as he trotted out onto the field. BA knew before Tomlin. Presumably, Tomlin was fourth or fifth (at the earliest) in line to learn Dixon couldn't go and Batch was going in.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 00:13 »

What was really interesting was how Batch was notified he had to go in. He said Dixon was on the sidelines and then (on the Titans' third down) came up to Batch and said, "Chuck, I can't go. You gotta get in the game." Even more interesting was that Batch - who realized that since the Titans were punting the ball as he was processing this info and therefore had no time to pass a football for warm-up purposes - was the one who notified BA that he was going in the game as he trotted out onto the field. BA knew before Tomlin. Presumably, Tomlin was fourth or fifth (at the earliest) in line to learn Dixon couldn't go and Batch was going in.

What the FUCK is going on with this team man? 

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 08:36 »

If that's how it went down then it probably saved them a timeout.  With the Tits punting Dixon clearly didn't have time to start at the top and wait for the info to trickle down.  He took the shortest path.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jasonic

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 10:22 »

whatever is going on with the topsy-turvy beginning, it is translating into the one thing that matters.....2 wins and hopefully 3 after sunday.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 12:05 »

To me this is effing ludicrous...

Assuming BL and CB are BOTH HEALTHY after next Sunday's game against Tampa, does anyone actually believe we wont be in last Sunday's position against the ratbirds?

The more likely scenario is QB1 is knocked out against TB and QB2 is knocked out against the Ravens, leaving us with the QB we will be signing next Monday.

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2010 at 12:13 by scballersc » Logged
jasonic

« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 12:17 »

and this QB will be Big Ben.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Joetorious

« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 12:19 »

Yes, the week 5 bye and suspension reduction should help the transition from the worst-case scenario you described go swimmingly.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: