Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 22:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pixies Live @ Verizon Theatre  (Read 482 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Sep 20, 2010 at 08:46 »

What an awesome show!  They came, they rocked, burned CDs and sold 'em to you 10 minutes later.  It was much fun.  The band was tight, played their songs well but still with that live element so that you were glad to experience it rather than sit home and listen to the albums.  Highlight of of the evening you ask?  It came after their opening bit that Kim Deal introduced as "B-sides".  Yes, they played "Dolittle" all the way, double-rainbow across the sky, in order, complete.  It was tremendous.  You couldn't have knocked the silly grin off my face with a floppy 10lb salmon.

Can't say much for the opening act.  I won't call them a band.  Their name was the Fu*k Buttons, yeah, with the asterisk.  Two guys with keyboard/laptops facing each other with their profiles to the crowd.  Dark stage, you really couldn't see them.  They were some techno, house-music, DJ outfit.  Maybe it would have been cool in a club or at a rave.  But live?  Not so much.  People weren't even dancing.  Mrs. Jonzr said the people in the pit looked like a bunch of zombies.  I was hoping they'd charge the stage and rip the Fu*k Buttons limb-from-limb. Meh.

And yes, I did buy my limited-edition, Pixies Live at the Verizon Theater, 9/19/2010 CD!  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pick my yells out of the cacophony.  B)

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 09:32 »

Hope you get to hear yourself yell "I am un chien andalusia" on the live CD!
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 10:21 »

They had a cool video setup and showed films and various footage throughout the show.  Before they took the stage there was a weird old b&w film that showed some lady getting her eyeballs slit.  Somebody said something about Dali?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 10:23 »

But talk about devotion - the dude beside me drove from Colorado to see them.  But wait, there's more.  He first swung by Kansas City to pick up his sister!  We chatted a bit before the show, he was in a punkabilly band "Hoss" back in the day and opened for Frank Black and the Catholics!  How cool is that?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 12:25 »

They had a cool video setup and showed films and various footage throughout the show.  Before they took the stage there was a weird old b&w film that showed some lady getting her eyeballs slit.  Somebody said something about Dali?

That's Un Chien Andalou, the first real piece of surrealist cinema.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
P4P
Hillbilly Deluxe
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 16:30 »

The Pixies - Hey (Live)

Yall gettin riled up over THESE fuckers.   :rolleyes:  This is terrible.

Honesty is something you can't wear out.
Waylon Jennings
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 14:48 »

Ass pics of chicks in attendance or you were never there and concert didn't happen.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 15:15 »

But talk about devotion - the dude beside me drove from Colorado to see them.  But wait, there's more.  He first swung by Kansas City to pick up his sister!  We chatted a bit before the show, he was in a punkabilly band "Hoss" back in the day and opened for Frank Black and the Catholics!  How cool is that?

I thought the dude I was talkin to at the concert kinda looked like you from one of the pics in the gallery.  It was nice talking to you.  
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2010 at 16:14 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2010 at 15:27 »

But talk about devotion - the dude beside me drove from Colorado to see them.  But wait, there's more.  He first swung by Kansas City to pick up his sister!  We chatted a bit before the show, he was in a punkabilly band "Hoss" back in the day and opened for Frank Black and the Catholics!  How cool is that?

I thought the dude I was talkin to at the concert kinda looked like your from one of the pics in the gallery.  It was nice talking to you. 

Now that would be one hella coincidence!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: