Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 12:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Steelers are 3-0...shhhhh  (Read 1838 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Sep 27, 2010 at 09:37 »

So many are talking about the dark horse Chiefs, the Vickadelphia Eagles, The Cowboys and Vikings finally winning, Saints losing to the Falcons, Bradford gets 1st win, Jets beat Phins.  I am loving this. Tomlin is loving this.  I think we will beat Balti if Charlie plays like he did yesterday. Is there anyway Tomlin benches CB for BL?

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 10:26 »

BE VEWY VEWY QWIET, WE'RE HUNTING WATBIRDS 

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 11:28 »

I dunno, Brink.  Don't think they can play the disrespected card anymore.

IMO, lotta guys out there giving the Steelers props.  A lot.  And, I don't live in the Pittsburgh area.

Dilfer was gushing like a schoolgirl; Mike & Mike spent some time fluffin' during the drive in with both essentially saying that Tomlin is the clear leader for COY.  Boomer Esiason took time (even with the Jets winning last night) to speak about Pittsburgh's ability to shrug off various issues and just dominate, not win, but dominate. 

And, for the final sign of the apocalypse, even Colin Fucking Cowherd spent a chunk of the morning blasting (not just tooting) their horn.  I couldn't believe my ears.  He put them at #1 in his power rankings and was just glowing in praise; winning convincingly with their 4th string (not really, but...) QB; defense has been ridiculously dominant and as good as their stats are, they aren't telling a completely accurate story.  Most of the points allowed have been in garbage time and some of their numbers stack up to teams that have only played two games (e.g. Packers).

It really blew my mind how he just went on and on about them.  Something he could've easily spent his time doing with his beloved Seahags after they beat the Bolts yesterday.

"They're #1 and it's not even close...everybody else is just playing for second place."  Blah, blah, blah...

:amazed:

Let's see if they can keep up the intensity now that everyone's back on the wagon.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 11:30 »

I think we will beat Balti if Charlie plays like he did yesterday. Is there anyway Tomlin benches CB for BL?

1. I think we beat Balty if we can run on them the way Cleveland did.
2. No.  No way in hell.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 11:47 »

Let's see if they can keep up the intensity now that everyone's back on the wagon.

I think I posted in the Game Day thread, that Mr. Harrison made it clear, they don't want or need bandwagoners.

He is one serious cat.  I can't even imagine what he'd be like when po'd. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 12:32 »

I think I posted in the Game Day thread, that Mr. Harrison made it clear, they don't want or need bandwagoners.

I think it's less to do with media scrutiny and more to do with divisional and conference target games.  You have to be up for the opener; Tennessee is always in the mix with Indy in the AFCS, so a head-to-head game can well determine a WC spot; TB, though, is the kind of team to trip you.  Years of futility, but with enough young talent to surprise; non-AFC, after a couple of gritty defensive stands; a second road trip in godawful heat.

I don't think there's any way we ever overlook the Ravens. 

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 12:38 »

BTW, two AFC teams are 3-0 -- us and the Chiefs.  NFC will have one team after tonight, Pack or Bears, I'm thinking Pack.

You'll pardon me if I think Haley's Chiefs are smoke and mirrors.  Like TB, bottom feeders for the last few, though with the kind of young talent that makes it easy to overlook them (as we did last year).  Still, their offense ain't much, and I think they pumpkin at some point.  They beat SD (atrocious D since Merriman stopped roiding), baaaarely beat Cleveland (ugh), and SF (free fall, OC fired today).

BTW, Chiefs already have a bye week (WTF?), but come back @ Indy, then @ Houston.  That should show what they're made of.  Rest of the sched is cream puffery, as the AFCW is utter shite.  Denver should give them something, and SD may split, but really, no reason the Chiefs couldn't win that division and go on to be a sacrificial victim to any good team in the playoffs.  That said, FO's DVOA predictions had them well ahead of all AFCW rivals, mid-NFL overall, and they appear to be vindicated, for now.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 12:40 »

That was such an awesome quote from Harrison....maybe if I lost weight, room can open up. But I have always been, and will continue to be firmly entrenched on that bandwagon.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 13:05 »

For starters, he'd probably smash your phone.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2010 at 14:22 »

He might be one of only a handfull of people, besides BV, that coud refer to himself in 3rd person without anyone calling him out.

I'd love to see him in an interview and say something like "James Harrison is fortunate to be in a system that lets him make plays".  With his stone cold sober delivery, I don't think anyone would think twice about it. 

I think a 92 Jersey will be the only item on my Christmas list.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: