Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 10:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should the Steelers do when Ben returns?
Trade him for a fifth round draft pick. - 0 (0%)
Sign Trent Edwards and cut Ben. - 1 (11.1%)
Have Tomlin ask him every week if he's really, REALLY sorry.  "Are you sure?"  And then deactivate him every week anyway, because he can't ever be sorry enough. - 0 (0%)
Tell him to get the fuck out and never come back. - 0 (0%)
Throw bricks at him. - 0 (0%)
Shut down the season and have the entire team go on Oprah to discuss how this situation has really hurt everyone's feelings. - 1 (11.1%)
Trade Ben and a first round draft pick for the electrifying Michael Vick. - 0 (0%)
Petition Commisar Goodell to allow the Steelers to change Ben's uniform to sack cloth and a dunce cap. - 1 (11.1%)
Let him get his starting job back when he can make James Harrison smile. - 4 (44.4%)
Bring Elvis out of retirement to work him over with some karate. - 2 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What should the Steelers do when Ben returns?  (Read 1480 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 28, 2010 at 15:33 »

BUG BEN REOTHISBERGER WILL RUNE THIS TEAM YET< GET RID OFF HIM WHILE WE CAN, CMON RONNEYS DO THE RITE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 17:11 »

Funny stuff, but we were talking at the bar on sunday on how this team seems to be a unified group.  Lebeau's defenses always seem like family, but there doesn't seem to be an offense/defense divide with this team.

Chemistry?  Maybe.  I don't think they'll let Ben be a distraction; I don't think Ben will conduct himself distractingly either, but this is a team with veteran leadership in all the right places and a group of youngsters who buy in to the on- and off-field persona of a Pittsburgh Steeler.

It's a just a shame Ben is late to the party. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 19:23 »

The whole team seems ready to prove that the Great Slide of 2009 was an utter aberration.  If this defense stays healthy, it can be as good as the 2008 group.  The offense has shown its limitation and promise: the OL tho' seems to hold the promise of keeping Ben alive.  Young WRs, three in number, could be utterly explosive late this season.  Tomlin has rallied the shattered group.

Shame Ben is late?  Ben will be the freshest meaningful QB this postseason.  And he, like the youngsters, is finally buying in to the system persona. 

Shudder to think how good this team could be this year.  When all seemed fucked.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 19:49 »

Shudder to think how good this team could be this year.  When all seemed fucked.

I was just thinking that exact thought today, about how pessimistic I was about this team going into the season (a pessimism that I know was shared by a lot of others on this site).  Obviously there is still a long way to go, but this team should definitely contend if the team remains relatively healthy.

Amazing how perspective can change with just a few games.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 19:53 »

Shame Ben is late?  Ben will be the freshest meaningful QB this postseason.  And he, like the youngsters, is finally buying in to the system persona.

Agree with both of you.  The best thing the Steelers could do is to make him realize that he IS expendable to this team, that it's the TEAM that really makes the difference.  There is nothing that will bring Ben slinking back in humility like this team being 4-0 when he returns.  

I could honestly see Tomlin starting Batch in game 5, just to illustrate the point, but it won't go much beyond that.  No need to continue piling on.  Maybe I'm just a cockeyed optimist, but I think Ben has a chance to come back and be better than ever as a player and, hopefully, as a person.  

No, he ain't gonna be nominated for deacon anywhere (although I've known a few who were several notches below Ben), but I think he's going to give this team a boost on offense that could really make them something special.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2010 at 23:45 »

I could honestly see Tomlin starting Batch in game 5, just to illustrate the point, but it won't go much beyond that.  No need to continue piling on.  

Er, not starting Ben in game 5 would constitute piling on.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
sysadmin7

« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 00:38 »

DUM IDIOTIS....

VICK IS DA REALZ DEAL AND BEN SHULD BEEN TRADE OFF TO PHILLYDELFEIA FOR HIM RIGHT NOW. VICK NOW IS POCKETT QB FOR REAL, DEM HAS SPEED SKILLZ TO RUN AND KICK FIELD GOALS CUZ JEEF MISSES SOME AND DEN HE PUNTS THEN RETURNS PUNTS AND KICKOFFS AND PLAYS SAFETIES ON DEFENCE SOMETIMES. VICK ALSO WENT TO BIG HOUZE SO HE MEAN AND BAD AND VICK IS ROLLED MODEL FOR KIDS I SAW HIM DO STUFF LIKEN THAT.

yeh

LINUX = FREEDOM
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 00:57 »

Er, not starting Ben in game 5 would constitute piling on.

I would agree, but just saying that it wouldn't shock me to see it happen.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 08:28 »

Maybe I'm just a cockeyed optimist

Sounds like you and Elaine have been reading Billy Mumfrey stories again.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #9 on: Sep 29, 2010 at 10:49 »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/s_701520.html

Yeah...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: