Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 20, 2014 at 21:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010-2011 Pittsburgh Penguins  (Read 6956 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #90 on: Sep 14, 2010 at 11:29 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5569258

Devils lose one first round choice of their chosing over the next 4 years, their 3rd rounder next year, and get fined 3 million over the kovaldouche fiasco. Doubt it happens but it would be hilarious if all this shit cost them resigning Parise when his contract is up next year.

Also Guerin signed with Philly for a camp tryout.
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2010 at 11:37 by Merman1983 » Logged
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #91 on: Oct 01, 2010 at 08:25 »

Our old buddy MT hired by the wild as a pro-scout:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=335839
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #92 on: Oct 01, 2010 at 16:41 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5569258

Devils lose one first round choice of their chosing over the next 4 years, their 3rd rounder next year, and get fined 3 million over the kovaldouche fiasco. Doubt it happens but it would be hilarious if all this shit cost them resigning Parise when his contract is up next year.

Ummmm...I just saw this now and read it, but what did they do wrong? Why can't they break down the money over the length of the contract any way that they want to? Did they actually break any rules (that are written down) or was this just one of those you broke the spirit of the rules type of things?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #93 on: Oct 01, 2010 at 17:28 »

Ummmm...I just saw this now and read it, but what did they do wrong? Why can't they break down the money over the length of the contract any way that they want to? Did they actually break any rules (that are written down) or was this just one of those you broke the spirit of the rules type of things?

The NHL just wanted to start making a stand against this type of contract. They don't believe he'll play out the life of the contract and still be playing wing for the devils 15 years from now, although it's possible given the way he plays. They're against teams offering that type of deal but technically no, it's not against the rules. Maybe they think those last years  at around 550k will be below the league minimum at the time and used that as part of the ruling? Not sure there.

Really in theory it's no different than the Hossa deal. the Devils were kind of just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure they will make a rule before the next CBA is signed though.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2010 at 17:32 by Merman1983 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #94 on: Oct 01, 2010 at 19:16 »

I haven't really been following it but it seems to me that in order to impose punishment the league must have had cause to suspect some kind of wilfull deception on the Devils part.  Maybe they told them not to do it and they did it anyway.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #95 on: Oct 02, 2010 at 08:59 »

I think the NHL told all teams at the owners meetings not to offer this type of contract anymore, and yeah, the devils did it anyway. I'm sure the devils figured they couldn't get in trouble with an abitrator because of the precedent set by the Hossa deal and the 3 or 4 other deals like it. Fuck the devils and all but if the NHL didn't want it to happen they should have put a stop to it from the get go, when the first contract like it was signed.

On a side note I think they gave up too much to begin with trading for Kovalchuk and they are having a ton of trouble trying to move some contracts (Salvador, White, Rolston) to get under the cap because of the new deal. They are going to end up burying some contracts in the minors to get under the cap (another rule the NHL should change).
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2010 at 09:04 by Merman1983 » Logged
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #96 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 13:00 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/preview2010/news/story?id=5647799

3 of 6 analysts pick the Penguins to win it all. Melrose didn't, but he also thinks Luongo is going to win both the MVP and Vezina somehow, which is interesting. Buccigross is all over the place picking the Preds and Flames to win their division, and the Kings to make it out of the west.
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: