Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 27, 2014 at 03:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Philly  (Read 273 times)
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 04, 2010 at 08:07 »

I'm usually not a fan of Philly at all (fans, teams, ownership, coaching, etc.), but I thought it only fair to give them credit when they deserve it. I thought they handled the McNabb thing as well as could be expected (and much better than I thought they would). The fact that they cheered and gave him a standing ovation before the game started (to show their appreciation for everything he had done for the city/team in the past) and then booed him during the game when he is at that point just a player for the opposing team (to show their support for the current team) was just perfect IMO.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2010 at 08:55 »

Don't dislike the team or organization, but their fans are generally turds.  Yippee that they were able to manage human for a change.

IMO, the best part of the Eagles died when DC Jim Johnson succumbed to cancer.  He was their LeBeau.  McNabb may go down as just short of one his era's elite QBs, but mostly a likeable guy and consistent reason why the Eagles were NFC contenders through the aughts.  This brave new world of Dog Killer and Squarehead Kolb looks like it won't pay dividends any time soon.  Reid's "steady as she goes" approach is, IMO, swirling the drain.  D isn't as good as before, and neither is O.  Shady McCoy and D. Jackson are fun players to watch, but the era is over. 

Iggles fans will be back to their shitty ways soon enough.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: